Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

First stages of dread journey- need some advice :)

Jess2
@jess2
13 years ago
29 posts
I've have just began my dread journey this week going natural and have a few little questions. My hair is straight and soft naturally so I'm prepared to do the time to get to where I want to be. But since I've stopped brushing my hair I have noticed that at the back right of my head there is just a massive clump of tats and frizziness, which I understand is part of the process but I mean it's a massive chunk of hair and I don't know if it will turn into a huge dread! Should I be separating it now? Or if I leave it will it separate in it's own time? I think it's because it's the side that I sleep on. Suppose all I'm worried about is having a huge clump of hair on the back of my head. Any advice would be huuuugely appreciated! Thanks :)
updated by @jess2: 01/13/15 09:11:55PM
Frank Schuster
@frank-schuster
13 years ago
95 posts

Hi Jess, welcome on board!

I would wait what this clump of hair does after washing several times. Try to wash with baking soda 2-3

times a week. If the clump stays after a few washes, you can think of separating it a bit, but maybe the "problem" get solved by its own.

So relax and don't worry much about it :-)

Jess2
@jess2
13 years ago
29 posts

aww thanks heaps :)

My gut feeling was to just leave it and see what happens but yeh didn't want a clump either haha. Will try the baking soda rinse and if its still there in a while i will seperate!

Its nice to know you can get help with all these little things on here. I'm so excited for the journey ahead of me and everyones help and advice gives me so much confidence in the whole process! So thanks :D

Frank Schuster
@frank-schuster
13 years ago
95 posts

you are very welcome!

I guess this community is very helpful, cause there will be question in many stages of

the dreading process for sure! And here are a lot of experts willing to share their knowledge.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

i think you had the right instinct but watch it closely to make sure it doesnt progress and become a huge dread

ive told the story of my sis's ex a few times he was japaneese with long straight but thick hair and if it wasnt braided b4 bed every night hed wake up with every hair on his head matted into like 4-8 massive dreads..not tight or anythuing easy (semi easy) to comb out but they were distinktly dreads in a single night

watch that clump to make sure it dont get too dreaded too fast and be hard to seperate

but if its not too far along then wait and see

if it starts getting pretty tangled tho seperate

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Jess2
@jess2
13 years ago
29 posts
Oh god haha at least I only have one to deal with! But that's greet thanks for your help I will see what happens with it :)

soaring eagle said:

i think you had the right instinct but watch it closely to make sure it doesnt progress and become a huge dread

ive told the story of my sis's ex a few times he was japaneese with long straight but thick hair and if it wasnt braided b4 bed every night hed wake up with every hair on his head matted into like 4-8 massive dreads..not tight or anythuing easy (semi easy) to comb out but they were distinktly dreads in a single night

watch that clump to make sure it dont get too dreaded too fast and be hard to seperate

but if its not too far along then wait and see

if it starts getting pretty tangled tho seperate

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form