Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Hello all! Newbie here!

Leah "Paddish"
@leah-paddish
13 years ago
16 posts

Hey everyone! I'm Leah. I have been an admirer of dreadlocks for a long time. I did my own last December and I had them til about hmm...March of this year. They just were not working for me, which I think is because I washed them too frequently and didn't really know what I was doing. So I have decided to try again. I did a backcombing/twist n rip combo this time, (which I wish I would have found this place before I did) some are alright and others are very lose, so I kinda fixed them. I am now just going to leave them alone and hope for the best. I do have some questions though. I washed my hair the day I dreaded (shampoo no conditioner) so how soon should I wash? If I get a dry shampoo will that effect anything? Any tips would be helpful, I am a bit OCD about washing lol...

updated by @leah-paddish: 01/13/15 09:11:33PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

u cant wash too often but u shouldnt use conditioner or regular shamooo

wash 1-3 times a week no dry shampoo thats pointless

and dont "fix them" they will get loose let them

just wash

but no conditioner

read the washing dreads gyuide

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
manchiLd
@manchild
13 years ago
1 posts

what's up LEAH??? welcome to tha best site on tha "net" loL...your dreads look just like they should look...try 2 limit the excessive washing and implement PATIENCE in your regimen. i had braids for like 5.5 yrs, and honestly got tired of that shit, so i cut all my hair off and started over thinkng it would be a couple month thang, but i was definitely wrong....i jus hit 2 years on 9/21, and whateva you do, dont focus too much on growth, jus healthiness...GOOD LUCK--

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

washing with the baking soda mix 1-3 times a week will make yoir dreads very happy :)

--
Leah "Paddish"
@leah-paddish
13 years ago
16 posts

Thank you everyone for replying! The picture I have up right now is old and not the dreads I have now. I will post a new one soon!

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

yea plz do cant wait to seeee

--
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form