Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Hey everyone Im andrew! Could someone give me a few tip Ive searched but couldnt find!

Andrew Martin
@andrew-martin
13 years ago
1 posts

Hey everyone Im new here and I am proud to say I just started my dread process 3 days ago. But Im concerned if im approaching this the right way. Im 20 years old Im a white male and right now my hair is about 3.5 inches ontop and 2.5 on the sides. Yes i know very short!! haha. I have pretty straight hair thats kinda silky however when it does get long it tends to swirl a little. I decided to go with the natural method and just let them go. I feel yes longer hair would be better to start but it couldnt hurt to start now. I have been washing every other day or every 2 days with 1/12 mix of Dr Bronners. So my question is. How exactly should I go about washing the shampoo in my hair? is that all i should do? Ive been washing with Dr. for about 5 days now and I cant really tell a difference in my hair. Am I doing something wrong or will this short of hair not separate at all? its hard to separate because it kinda just falls back together and it seems to short. I figured it couldnt hurt to start this early. Any advice would be awesome and heres a pic of my head thus far. So am i doing everything right I know i wont have dreads just magically appear, I just want to make sure Im doing it correct.

[IMG] http://i1096.photobucket.com/albums/g336/Amart420/startofdreads.jpg [/IMG]

updated by @andrew-martin: 01/13/15 09:11:30PM
Heather
@heather
13 years ago
1,291 posts

your not doing anything wrong its just that your hair is probably too short to knot. i would switch to baking soda washing instead of bronners. dr. b's can leave a residue over time. when you wash with bs just pour the mix over your head, let it sit on your hair for a few minutes and then rinse. no touching required. you can follow with a weak acv rinse if you like but i usually skip it. the more you can keep your hands out of your hair the better.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

your doin fine ior iu can use the bs/acv insteasd but either way ..length

thats all

just length

it wont dso much till u ge a couple more inches

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
ExaltHimx7
@exalthimx7
13 years ago
336 posts

You'll be ahead of the process starting short'] I did too and now I have a ton of dreads on top and a few in the underneath...just 5 short months'] It flies by...

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form