Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Puff Rugged is the handle, and I hang my hat in NC. I love this forum, thanks dreadlockssite!

Puff Rugged
@puff-rugged
13 years ago
1 posts

Whats up kids? Just wanted to chime in here and let everyone know I exist, LOL. Ive had locks for maybe ten years, but have just recently been giving themmore attention-- maintenance, blunting tips(never cared much about blunted tips, but just trying somthing new), palm rolling, latching,etc., just to clean them up. I mostly just let them grow before, extreme neglect except forof coursewashing, at least once a week. I dont use products AT ALL, and NEVER will. Products just seem to mess shit up, and slow down the process of real, natural locking; I would suggest NOT using products if you are thinking of starting dreadlocks IMO. The only reason I did any maintenance at all is because I had some loose hair, attached to, andcovering some of my locks, and I wanted to be able to completely see the dreads. I mean,if I wanted loose hair, I would have just brushed my hair everyday of my life, washed, conditioned, and all that shit regular people do, LOL, so thats why I cleaned them up, crocheting the loose hair into the dreadlocks, one at a time(a really great and easy process, by the way).I do havea little loose hair in between some of my locks, butit isnt a problem, and looks fine IMO, but Iwill probably eventually incorporate it into the surrounding locks.

It is all about preference, but I have seen people withALL KINDS of locks, even and uniform, uneven and wild, flat locks, loops everywhere, loose hair, huge locks, salonstyled, neglect,etc., and Ilove them all.That is what I loveabout dreadlocks, each individuals locks are like a finger print ora snowflake, no two alike, and that is the beauty of it.When you have locks for a long time, they become part of you and your life. They are not just some dead growth that hangs from your dome peice, they become a living part of your character, and there is something very spiritual about it, as well. It isnt easy to explain, it just IS, and the simple complexity and beauty of it is a comforting reminder of the endless possibilities and potential of life and all that comes with it.

updated by @puff-rugged: 01/13/15 09:11:01PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

welcome brother but id bverry highly recomend u toss the tools in the trash! that will backfire

every loose hair u fix breaks many more in a month they pop out so your twice as fuzzuy then u pull in more breaking more eventualy u break enough to make the dreads weak

besides it makes them stiff way way too tight and thin

id really recomend u just continue like ya always did let them take care of themselves

dreads are hair..that dreads

ofcourse you will have loose hair till it dreads

thats what they aere made of right?

let em be what they are

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form