dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

First Post!

Tamra Rustad
@tamra-rustad
13 years ago
6 posts

Hey everyone ^_^
so Happy I found this site. Anyway, I've had my dreads for nearly 4 years now, since my freshmen year inhigh school. Ioriginallydidn't want to get them because of the length and texture of my natural hair, but my Mom finally talked me into it. They started out atwistiestthat I rapped loose hair around and tried to keep somewhat maintained. My hair finally locked after a year or so, I'llattacha pic from before they locked. I've never used any real hair wax, but didn't really know what I was doing when I first started my dreads, and I still have so many questions.

Also, if anyone needs any photos edited or any graphics done I don't charge much, and I'd be happy to do it ^_^

updated by @tamra-rustad: 02/15/15 04:23:41PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

if u wanna do some graphics for the site that would be cool

well i hope u dont constantly retwist tho it dont look like u do i wouldnt twist at all ever

but i read your page and u might want to concider trying aloe instead of the oils and gels and crap

just buy a plant and harvest what u need

thats so cool that yoir mom talked u into it haha usualy we hear moms trying to prevent it haha

but some moms are cooler then others

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Tamra Rustad
@tamra-rustad
13 years ago
6 posts

I don'tretwistmy hair asoftenas my mom would like, but I like my dreads to be pretty well kept, otherwise it starts to look like a really REALLY poofyafrowith ropes attached, my hair doesn'tcooperateand dread like it should >_>

I was considering switching to using aloe, but I have to see if my momapproves, is there anything about that I should know before trying it?

Yeah my Moms awesome like that XD, shes had these crazy braids for the past 10 or 11 years lol

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

aloes very healthy for hair and skin your hairs not cooperating because the oil and gel is keeping it from dreading the way it should

aloe moisturizes and condituions without making it so slipert=y and tangle resistent

--
Tamra Rustad
@tamra-rustad
13 years ago
6 posts

I shall try it and see how it works, thanks for the tip ^_^

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

do not use the average store bought aloe tho the siunburn crap that will dry u out u want nothing but aloe even if it says 100% oure read the ingredients it should say only aloe nothing else lilly of the dessert makes pure alowee but its cheapet to buy a couple plants and grow/harvest it yourself

--
Tamra Rustad
@tamra-rustad
13 years ago
6 posts

I'm sure I would mess up harvesting it somehow <.<, wheres a good place to buy it? also, when do I use it?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

haha aloes very hardy and easy to grow then u cut off a leaf split it down the center scrape out the gekl inside to make it more juice then gel put it in a blender u can use it as needd to moisturize add to yoir wash or rinse and even add to water to use as a sprits

--
Tamra Rustad
@tamra-rustad
13 years ago
6 posts

Am Isupposedto wash it out after it dries? or just leave it in?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

u can do either i use it in my rinse and rinse it through adfter u can also spray ior wipe it on and leave it on it shrinks as it dries pulling in frizz making em sl=moother while still leting them move

your dreads are beautiful btw

--
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form