Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Short straight blonde hair... my "locking" journey ;-)

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

weird i thought i replied to this an hour ago

mix sea salt and water the ratio is 3.5% of the water volume max pour on or spray on

soak 10 min to 2 hours then rinse

u can just add sea salt to the bs mix

or make a spray

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

updated by @soaring-eagle: 07/10/15 01:21:54AM
Fille
@fille
13 years ago
11 posts

Yes I do add sea salt in my bs mix , but I never tried to do just sea salt in between
washes , I'm gonna try that.

soaring eagle said:

weird i thought i replied to this an hour ago

mix sea salt and water the ratio is 3.5% of the water volume max pour on or spray on

soak 10 min to 2 hours then rinse

u can just add sea salt to the bs mix

or make a spray

HippyFish
@hippyfish
13 years ago
76 posts

Thanks SE ;-)

yep that's pretty much all I do while in shower... I usually just do it about 15min, but am going to try for a bit longer.

For my washes I do BS, sea salt, then a very small amt of ACV all mixed with tea tree, lavender, patchouli & orange oils. Love the way those smell!

Karrington <3
@karrington-3
13 years ago
94 posts

They are looking so good.. I love how they are progressing :)

HippyFish
@hippyfish
13 years ago
76 posts

Thanks! I'm pretty happy with how they are going too!

Karrington <3 said:

They are looking so good.. I love how they are progressing :)

HippyFish
@hippyfish
13 years ago
76 posts

14 weeks

Ahhh! I am lovin' them more and more each day! ....4 month pics to come in a week and a half!!

updated by @hippyfish: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
Heather
@heather
13 years ago
1,291 posts

holy crap!!! thats some amazing progress in such a short time. i'm so jealous. are you still washing the same way?

HippyFish
@hippyfish
13 years ago
76 posts

Not really washing the same way... since beginning this journey, I've noticed my hair being less and less oily (my super thin hair would be totally oily within a day if I didn't wash) so now I only wash when it feels that it needs it, which now seems to be about 1-2 x a week and I also do the sea salt soaks once or twice a week too. That's about it, still using BS/ACV and oils....pretty much stay away from using Dr. B's unless I am in a hurry then I will only use it on the locs that are pretty well knotted up. The back of my head still looks the same, not much progress back there, so I never use Dr. B's becuz it will make it super soft and sleek, def not what i want lol

Heather said:

holy crap!!! thats some amazing progress in such a short time. i'm so jealous. are you still washing the same way?

Steven Wind
@steven-wind
13 years ago
62 posts

Wow, your hair is lookin' wild & crazy! I'm so happy for you!

I can't wait for mine to start really locking up :) There are knots, definite knots, and I have one really wild lookin immature dread, but my sections still aren't as pronounced as yours are.

Good for you, though!

HippyFish
@hippyfish
13 years ago
76 posts

Thanks Steven! I think using beads for a good stretch has helped alot, but also not washing as often too. Pretty sure the sea salt soaks are doing some good as well :)

Our 4 month dreadiversary is coming up soon!! :D

Steven Wind said:

Wow, your hair is lookin' wild & crazy! I'm so happy for you!

I can't wait for mine to start really locking up :) There are knots, definite knots, and I have one really wild lookin immature dread, but my sections still aren't as pronounced as yours are.

Good for you, though!

/ 5

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form