Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Looking for some new dred advice...

scott LANGFORD
@scott-langford
13 years ago
24 posts
Right have nearly finished my dreads now, been going for nearly 20hours!!!Just a few questions, i have not used any more wax since asking on here, instead i mixed my own locking spray solution.Firstly how do i tidy the straggly look up of them without wax? Or is this a time thing?\Secondly, i live in the uk and am not sure of what shampoo to use. Something that i can buy from the local pharmacy would be great. Dont really want to buy something from dreadhq or the likes.Also someone mentioned i could use dry shampoo?Last whats the best way to style new dreads? Mine are around 11" long so not quite long enough to tie up i dont think!
updated by @scott-langford: 02/14/15 08:24:09AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

1 you dont tidy em up they get neater over time but 1st get wilder getting loopy and crazy then settling down

2 baking soda and acv but uk waters kinda crazy so might not work u can try dr bronners tht might not work for u eitger due to hard water

clarifying shamopoos are ok but not ideal

in the featured discussions i believe theres a list of shampoos ppl have tried and liked

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
scott LANGFORD
@scott-langford
13 years ago
24 posts

Awesome thanks.

Yer the water is kinda hard in my area, didnt even think if that...

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

search the site for hard water soap or hard warer shampoo see what u get

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Cathy
@cathy
13 years ago
33 posts

Hi there! I'm in the UK too and I use Boots Expert Build up removal shampoo. It's frequently on BOGOF and only a couple of quid. Works for me!

scott LANGFORD
@scott-langford
13 years ago
24 posts

Awesome thanks for that..i have a boots near by so that is good. Do you use that regularly and do you reckon it'll be ok for baby dreads?

Do you (or anyone) happen to know what ingredients it is that the shampoo shouldn't have? There must be loads that are suitable......

Cathy
@cathy
13 years ago
33 posts

Yup it's the only shampoo I use at the moment (once in a blue moon I would use a toner shampoo as my dreads are bleached). I've no idea if there's a specific chemical/ingredient that's to be avoided, I just tried to find one without residues and since this one supposedly gets rid of them I figure it must be ok!

It should be fine for dreadlets. When mine were wee I used to wash them with a pair of tights over them lol, not a good look but keeps them together nicely!

scott LANGFORD
@scott-langford
13 years ago
24 posts

Awesome thanks. Just washed mine with tights over my head :-) Very funny.

Is there anything i should do to my dreads after washing, or anything you would advise a newby....

Cathy
@cathy
13 years ago
33 posts

For drying I wrap them up in a towel for a while to get as much moisture out and then if it's at night blowdry them a bit. If it's early in the day I just let them dry naturally. That's all I do with them now other than check the sectioning.

scott LANGFORD
@scott-langford
13 years ago
24 posts
Great thanks, hopefully they wont all fall out when i wash them...
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form