Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

New Dreads

Kori Collins
@kori-collins
13 years ago
3 posts

I just had my dreadlocks done last night. My mom did them for me and we were instructed by dreadheadhq.com to use the back combing method followed by wax. I hear that is not a good method NOW though...my dreads are kinda small and look like tangled braids. Will they still dread and lock up? And is it safe to go ahead and wash them to remove some of the wax?

updated by @kori-collins: 01/13/15 09:06:55PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

its a must to remove the wax in fact since u just stared u should start over because wax is evil and nearly impossible to remove from dreads they wil dread fine without wax without backcombing and without everything dreadheadhq recomended

everything that site sugests is wrong wrong wrong

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Kori Collins
@kori-collins
13 years ago
3 posts

So buy some wax remover and then what? Is it going to mess my hair up bad if I untangle them?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

well backcombings damaging uncombing them back out will add some but u can be gentle then go natural or twist n rip wich both are gentle and wont add to damage

its up to u u can keep going and just work at removing wax but it can literaly take months to be sure u got it all thi=o if u start right away its easier

--
Kori Collins
@kori-collins
13 years ago
3 posts

Ok..this sounds so difficult. If I just comb them out and do the twist and rip method will it still be super waxy?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

it will be easy to remobve wasx from loose hair use very hiot water and dawn dish soap and or vinager soaks

--
Renee
@renee
13 years ago
22 posts

I did the SAME thing. The day after I backcombed and waxed, I found this site. Somehow in all my research I did not find it before. I sat in a hot shower with some natural dish soap, and I washed, rinsed, washed, rinsed, washed rinsed. Gently, of course. I retained a lot of my knots that were formed by the backcombing and they were able to start locking up pretty quickly. If you go to my profile, you can see my Day 1 picture -- that's with the wax. All the rest are without. It changed the texture in a big, and good, way. Hairs will come loose, it's unavoidable, but they will find homes.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form