Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Hi, I'm looking for any and all dreadlock advice

Skulldreads
@skulldreads
13 years ago
34 posts
Hi, first off I'm Matt, I've been wanting dreadlocks for a couple years now and I'm finally just thought screw it I'm going for it. I just want to learn a much as I can while my hair is growing (its currently short) so any and all advice and tips you could give would be great :D
updated by @skulldreads: 02/14/15 10:47:56AM
ExaltHimx7
@exalthimx7
13 years ago
336 posts
Welcome Matt!! For now, just stop brushing and use residue free shampoo or Bakingsoda/ACV to wash...God Bless your journey!!
Skulldreads
@skulldreads
13 years ago
34 posts

Well currently my hair isn't long enough to dread, not even near :'(. But I'll get looking for residue free shampoo :D.

I'm just glad I found this site as I spent the past few days reading all the stuff on dreadhead hq, (and the only reason I thought of looking for more advice was that they say that there wax holds the hair in the dread and lets it lock up, but how can it hold the hair and let it move???)

ExaltHimx7
@exalthimx7
13 years ago
336 posts
no no no no wax!! lol, it's bad and a bear to get out. I started with 3" long hair, just don't brush, keep it clean and all-- no hassle no worries'] Read Soaring Eagle's posts, he's the dreadman']
Skulldreads
@skulldreads
13 years ago
34 posts
Yeah I've been reading SE posts today and I'm really glad I did. Common sense told me that the wax thing didn't sound right when I read it, and now that I've heard what it does I'm so glad I didn't go for their advice. My hair is currently about 1" so I've got a while to go before it will dread but that gives me loads of time to get anything I need :D
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

haha i love it someone who actualy put thought into what wax does

so many believe that they need something to hold them or they wont dreds

hell we had a guy who teaches the schools that teach dreading and he claimed that wax gave the hair "memmory" to know how to stay dreaded

claimed that by gluing it in place it taught the hair how to remain in place or some such nonsense

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Skulldreads
@skulldreads
13 years ago
34 posts
Seriously how could he even believe that garbage, yeah so if you glue a mug to fix it and then remove the glue it will have taught the broken bit to stay on, that makes so much sense NOT!!
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

hahaha great analogy

i think most of his customers get distracted easily by stoner graphics and the whole ending every word in "a" thing so he doesnt need to make sense as long as he seems "cool"

thben if u dare to think avbout what he says makes ya feel dumb for even trying to make sense out of it

we did the mATH FOR HOW MUCH WAX HE RECOMENDED 40 DREADS AT 2 FOOT WAS 2 JARS THE 1ST WAXING 1 JAR ECVERY WAXING AFTER AND OVER A POUND OF WAX IN 1ST MONTH

WE PRESSEBNTED HIM WITH THE MATH

HE SAID WELL 1ST OFF MOST PPL DONT STAERT WITH 2 FOOT HAIR

(WHICH IS TRUE BUT IRELEVANT TO THE MATH)

THEN GOES ON TO SAT=Y THAT IN ORDER TO HAVE A 1/2 INCH DREAD U NEED A 4 INCH SEXCTION OR 10 DREADS SO THATS WHY OUR MATH WAS OFF AND SEEMED LIKE 4 TIMES AS MUCH AS IT SHOULD BE

REALLY?

A 4 INCH SECTION MAKES A 4 INCH THICK DREAD

WE WERE CALCULATING ON 1 INCH SECTIONS 1 INCH DREADS SO IF HIS MATH WAS INTENDED FOR 1/2 INCH THEN IT WAS ACTUALY TWICE AS MUCH AS WE CALCULATED NOT 1/4

with math skills like that u gotta wonder if hes missing a few toes to count

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Skulldreads
@skulldreads
13 years ago
34 posts
Lol shows how far they will go to get peoples money
Skulldreads
@skulldreads
13 years ago
34 posts

I was wondering how fast does hair grow? and what length of hair should I start dreads at?

/ 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form