Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Are all Knotty Boy and DreadHead products bad for dreads?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

u had no time no money well u needed neither

how much time does it take to NOT COMB YOUR HAIR it takes less time to dread naturaly then it takes to not dread..

doing it the way u did it takes 100 times more work

you have to palm roll

you have to maintain them force them to dread cause with the products in them they wont dread without force

so your plan backfired

you now have less time then you did before

if you simply forgot to comb youd get dreads

Claire the bear said:

well, that's another topic all together.
What are you refering to as being free? the process of your locks forming? i say - that's awesome! when i see ppl who have gorgeous locks they did all on their own. ITS IMPRESSIVE! as a testament to their patience and skill as an artist with the medium of hair.
Which is exactly why people, women, men of all hair types and styles (who either dont have the time, or just want to support someone who has the skills) pay a type of artist to help them with their hair... it's not a new concept.

This forum was started asking about the quality and effectiveness of products (im assuming with the intention of research to buy)?

I personally paid for help on getting mine started because I was really busy, needed help, and had the money to do so. so there :P
And i think it's really quite hilarious that all of us can sit around wearing our novelty t-shirts, typing on our space-age miraculous computers and still be able to acuse anyone else of buying into capitalism- we all have THINGS we dont need.
I have a personal goal to simplify and lessen my footprint of consumerism more and more, so yet another rambling... sorry.

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

updated by @soaring-eagle: 07/23/15 02:48:20AM
Michael Teeguarden
@michael-teeguarden
13 years ago
10 posts
So do I have to palm roll and how does that work or how do I palm roll? When??

soaring eagle said:

how much time does it take to NOT COMB YOUR HAIR it takes less time to dread naturaly then it takes to not dread..

you have to palm roll

you have to maintain them force them to dread cause with the products in them they wont dread without force

so your plan backfired

Claire the bear said:

What are you refering to as being free? the process of your locks forming? i say - that's awesome! when i see ppl who have gorgeous locks they did all on their own. ITS IMPRESSIVE! as a testament to their patience and skill as an artist with the medium of hair.
Which is exactly why people, women, men of all hair types and styles (who either dont have the time, or just want to support someone who has the skills) pay a type of artist to help them with their hair... it's not a new concept.

This forum was started asking about the quality and effectiveness of products (im assuming with the intention of research to buy)?

I personally paid for help on getting mine started because I was really busy, needed help, and had the money to do so. so there :P
And i think it's really quite hilarious that all of us can sit around wearing our novelty t-shirts, typing on our space-age miraculous computers and still be able to acuse anyone else of buying into capitalism- we all have THINGS we dont need.
I have a personal goal to simplify and lessen my footprint of consumerism more and more, so yet another rambling... sorry.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

no offcourse u dont have to palkm roll

with no wax in your hair palm rollings completely pointless

Michael Teeguarden said:

So do I have to palm roll and how does that work or how do I palm roll? When??

soaring eagle said:

you have to palm roll

so your plan backfired

Claire the bear said:

--
Aspen
@aspen
13 years ago
6 posts

I wouldn't call them harmful but I would say they're mediocre and overpriced. My favourite shampoo is actually just natural bar soap that people in my community make. It's pretty easy to find something like this no matter where you live, and then you're supporting them as well as saving money, being more ecologically responsible, etc. Baking soda and vinegar works really well too if you do it right. There's no reason to spend a lot on cleaning your hair.

I also make hair rinses with herbs and plants near me (horsetail, rosemary, chammomile) and a bit of sea salt. Pretty much everything on their site you can find a better version of closer to you, or make yourself.

Mary White
@mary-white
13 years ago
27 posts
Baking soda CAN be harsh on scalps if too much is used and not rinsed cleanly away! I use it because it is cheap and additive free! :)

Jonathan Gonzalez said:

But do their shampoos work because the baking soda make my head burn

i don't mind paying either

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

the head burn is exfoliation removing that dead skin leaving the scalp clean and fresh

once the scalps in better shape it wont burn i only notice a burn when bmy scalps a disaster area

--
Matted Dew
@matted-dew
13 years ago
213 posts
why delete someone else's comments?...
Ferret
@ferret
13 years ago
10 posts

That's why I use HQ shampoo, my hair is a bit frail from my hyperthyroidism(one of the symptoms is thinning frail hair) and I don't want to mess it up more by agitating my scalp. It is a little pricy but you can buy it in bulk for a little bit of a discount, and I'm not about to condemn someone for wanting to make a livable wage.

Mary White said:
Baking soda CAN be harsh on scalps if too much is used and not rinsed cleanly away! I use it because it is cheap and additive free! :)

Jonathan Gonzalez said:

But do their shampoos work because the baking soda make my head burn

i don't mind paying either

Caleb Forbes
@caleb-forbes
13 years ago
6 posts
since i have had my dredies for a month now, ive been using Knotty Boy's bar soap. i really like how it makes my scalp feel. and the smell is delicious. people comment all the time and say they smell good, and not like they think dreads would smell.but i havent used any other products. i make my own saltwater rinse once every two weeks
Ferret
@ferret
13 years ago
10 posts

Yay now someone deleted Fisherman Nomad's post before I even read it. I just love censorship<3 <3 <3

/ 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form