Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

My dreads wont stay together???

Aubree Thompson
@aubree-thompson
13 years ago
16 posts

Please help!! My dreads keep coming undone. They unravel and I keep twisting and ripping but I cannot seem to keep them to stay. They look great at the base but the ends about 3 inches up some more are not working. I don't really know what else to say or how todescribeit.

Much love

Aubree

updated by @aubree-thompson: 02/14/15 08:07:12AM
Billy Schurman
@billy-schurman
13 years ago
20 posts
im very new to dreading so maybe dont take my advice but perhaps for the time being you should rubber band the tips? i think that would keep them together for the time being.
Julian
@julian
13 years ago
27 posts
I've tried the bands, they just get gooey and are hard to take out. I guess if you really want them to hold at the tips you could tie a string around them or something, but it's perfectly normal for the last 3in to unravel.
Aubree Thompson
@aubree-thompson
13 years ago
16 posts
what should i do to keep em unravel?? beads??

Julian said:
I've tried the bands, they just get gooey and are hard to take out. I guess if you really want them to hold at the tips you could tie a string around them or something, but it's perfectly normal for the last 3in to unravel.
Aubree Thompson
@aubree-thompson
13 years ago
16 posts
i wouldnt try rubber bands i hate em ha

Billy Schurman said:
im very new to dreading so maybe dont take my advice but perhaps for the time being you should rubber band the tips? i think that would keep them together for the time being.
Julian
@julian
13 years ago
27 posts
Ya they're a pain on the ass lol. Beads are probably your best bet
Aubree Thompson
@aubree-thompson
13 years ago
16 posts
yeah ill get some beads thanks :)
Julian
@julian
13 years ago
27 posts
No problem
Aubree Thompson
@aubree-thompson
13 years ago
16 posts

maybe i can do a wrap in string or hemp??

Julian
@julian
13 years ago
27 posts
I'm sure that work, if it doesn't get nasty or become part of the dread (rubberbands) then I don't see how it' could hurt it. By the way, your dreada are looking pretty sweet!
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form