Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Yaaay, finally dreadlocks, hello everyone and love to the world!

Jonas Weber
@jonas-weber
13 years ago
10 posts

Hello everybody, I'm Jonas, 23. I did my dread locks because I got very spiritual in the past few months, due to major changes in my life. I'm on festivals almost every weekend and a traveler of life, so I loved the idea that my dreads will follow me on the my way and will later on also save all the moments and times I spent on festivals.I got my Dreads 3 days ago at a Salon in L.A. I was one of those people who believed that spending money would make it :D. Well, and it actually kinda did. I think I got lucky with my stylist or at least partly. Unfortunately, I only have a webcam yet to show you.

The handsome black lady back combed my shoulder long hair in about 4.5 hours. I noticed that she interlocked, when the hair was harder to separate. She told me from the beginning she doesn't like wax, but she'd use a tiny bit, if my hair wouldn't hold at all. Which was kinda strange to me cause why should you interlock, back comb and use wax? To my luck, she used very very little wax and only on the first 10 or so until she realized that my hair gets perfect without it. When she was done, she told me three times very specific not to use wax in any case. Also not to wash them for at least 3 weeks and after that just washing them normally every 3 days with a residue free shampoo. Of course, two days ago, right after getting them, I stumbled upon this site and was like, nooooo, daaaang I've wax in my hair. But I did a very strong bs cleans yesterday and I think I got most of it out, definitely saw the wax coming to the surface. Afterwards, most of my back dreads opened a tiny bit, but nothing extreme. She told me to dread them everyday clockwise, which I stopped though. I realized after the first few hours already that this isn't right for the hair. Of course, I'm still one of those people who looks into the mirror every hour and freaks out if one of them opened. LOL. But this forum took a lot of my paranoia already :) I guess I just gotta go with the flow.

Peeace

updated by @jonas-weber: 01/13/15 09:01:35PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

umm those files wont wornk but u can use the webcam to take pictures

srry u were waxed and interlocked

funny u found 1 of the few who did seem to have morals yet still interlocked and waxed u and told u not to wash for almost a month

oh antd telling u to tewist daily too..

do u have rubber bands in?

i would still keep removing wax dont worry bout anything they do they would dread if u nec=ver spent a cent there

try to get ac tual pics so we can see

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

oh just to clarify too your page says 'all natural" under methods and mainrenance this is kinda the oposite well probly perms are but still

all natural means they formed on their own over time

some ppl who used starter methods then let them go natural from there have adopted the term natural surrender dreads cause after force starting them they had to surrender to the natural process and just let them dread

--
Jonas Weber
@jonas-weber
13 years ago
10 posts

Ooops! Pictures were my fault. Yeah, she gave me rubber bands but only on some tips that didn't hold. She only gave me like 10 I took them all of the first day thouhg, I knew it would be fine without. Yeah well, now the money is wasted and I don't wanna think about it :D but I'm glad I found you guys.

I don't know if my hair is oily or not. I always had head n shoulders with normal hair though, and didn't use any conditioner for years. I had never problems and beautiful, strong hair. When I used the baking soda way, I realized that they got extremely soft and almost fell apart right after the shower. Do you think I should add some more sea salt? If you have a seasalt spray, how much do you use it? You just spray a bit on it every two days or so?

Also, would you recommend wearing something in the night or just leave it lose?

updated by @jonas-weber: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

didu do acv too bs does make em soft with acv

u can try diluted bronners if u want

sea salt make it 3.5% by volume

weekly is fine 2 hours b4 u wash

but id keep tryin to get wax out the more wax u remove the better they will do

--
Jonas Weber
@jonas-weber
13 years ago
10 posts
yeah I'll definitely do that. I'm happy she only waxed like the first 10. Oh, and I only used the baking soda cleans no acv conditioner, but it got extremely soft anyways.
Jonas Weber
@jonas-weber
13 years ago
10 posts
I read about this soap against wax somewhere on here. Don't you think this soap would be perfect since I don't have a lot of wax in?
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form