Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

newbies looking for some answers

Iain
@iain
15 years ago
844 posts
looks like you didn't start off with as much wax as I did an mine are a backcombed dreads as well.but yep the roots will dread in time, the only exception to this was a certain bigger dread on the top of my head that one of my friends did a bad job backcombing so I wasn't really sure if it was ever gonna dread since it was about maybe 4-5 inches if just plain hair then dreaded, so about 3-4months later I re-backcombed that particular one , waxed it again, an put rubber bands on it,,, even then all I did was just kinda impede the progress at which point i realized rubber bands were kinda pointless. and the new growth under the bands dreaded and finally stretched to the rest of the undreaded hair.even now though, that section of the dread isn't as strong as it should have been, if I had let it be it would have been as strong as the rest of my newer growth.
updated by @iain: 07/10/15 04:23:15AM
Denney Coning
@denney-coning
12 years ago
16 posts

Apparently you all saw the word "wax" and freaked out. It has been 3 years since I put anything in my hair other than BS/ACV and water. My dreads have more than tripled in length and are healthier than ever. People make mistakes in the beginning. Everyone does. Get off your high ass horses.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

if you dont remove it its still in there 3 years later u got to remove it it does not wash out

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Ixchel
@ixchel
12 years ago
597 posts

wow thanks for the pictures w/method straight forward like that! very educational for me to have that simple visual

soaring eagle said:

example of backcombed dreads

twist and rip dreads

crocjheted dreads (very labor intencive up to 15 hours a week every week for life)

2 examples of 100% natural effortless dreads
very minimal maintenance

updated by @ixchel: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

isnt the differences pretty easy to see

especially between crochet and natural

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Tara C
@tara-c
12 years ago
644 posts

Ah yes, the post-backcombing picture. I looked like Sideshow Bob for a while. Crazy how easy to spot the crocheted dreads are when they're done really...vigorously, I guess. They seem too perfect.

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form