Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Hoping its not too late, but thinking it might be.............!!

Jeanna
@jeanna
13 years ago
20 posts
I don't think it's too late. Every day it's getting later. I say give it a go now. All you can live for is what's in your heart today. If dreads are what you desire now, you'll regret not trying for them later.
updated by @jeanna: 07/16/15 09:02:38AM
El Blanco Dread
@el-blanco-dread
13 years ago
13 posts

Thanks everyone, I really am appreciative of all the feedback. I suddenly realised this morning that over the past 30 years I have totally been responsible for this and maybe am lucky to have any hair at all. This is where you all gasp and say "Serves you right" but I stopped washing my hair with product 25 years ago as it was thin hair and shampoo made it fluffy. I had a full head but it was baby hair. i also stopped drying with a hair dryer at this time and used a rough rubbing with a towel sooooooo you can all probably summise from the past 25-30 years bahaviour that I have created my own situation. So here goes, I am washing with veganese Lush shampoo and massaging the scalp at the same time for 15 minutes a day from now on, I am drying with hair dryer and minimising hat wearing...if this doesnt help its clipper time......:)

J

Panterra Caraway
@panterra-caraway
13 years ago
667 posts
Many of the "hair growth systems" are extremely expensive and can range from serious use of chemicals (some of which can effect a man sexually) to surgical procedures (like Bosley).

jameela bailey said:
isnt there a hair growth system called bosley?, and my dad is balding too, and he's 58 and he has dreads, he still has his,just balding a little. i think you can grow dreads, you should check out products that make your hair grow, and also you should see what your hair does over time to see what parts grow, and what doesnt.
Chels ;)
@chels
13 years ago
37 posts
hey there! try boiling rosemary into a tea and pouring it all over your head..let it soak on your scalp about 15 to 30 min then wash it out with cold cold water...also if you want to go this route. i work in a high end salon and many people have told me how awsome bosley vitamins are. there for you wont have to actually put any chemical on your hair, and im pretty sure they are pretty natural i just have to check the ingredients..but back to the rosemary, do this like 2 times a week.
Chels ;)
@chels
13 years ago
37 posts
Bosley isnt just a surgical procedure, they have a whole line of products for all types of hair. thinning hair to strait up bald. and compared to other hair loss products its really not bad. granted i dont like putting anything unnatural in my hair, but if its gunna make someone feel better and if they must use a "product" the bosley line is the best way to go

Panterra Caraway said:
Many of the "hair growth systems" are extremely expensive and can range from serious use of chemicals (some of which can effect a man sexually) to surgical procedures (like Bosley).

jameela bailey said:
isnt there a hair growth system called bosley?, and my dad is balding too, and he's 58 and he has dreads, he still has his,just balding a little. i think you can grow dreads, you should check out products that make your hair grow, and also you should see what your hair does over time to see what parts grow, and what doesnt.
Panterra Caraway
@panterra-caraway
13 years ago
667 posts
As I stated before...there is no system that will permanently stop or reverse hair loss (especially in a natural way). There are supplements to help give you optimum nutrition and balance within the body...also, practices to put the scalp in optimum health...but, as I stated earlier in the thread...if you are going to lose your hair, then you are going to lose your hair. I still think you should trying dreading though :) Chels, how long have you been an apprentice in the salon?

Chels ;) said:
Bosley isnt just a surgical procedure, they have a whole line of products for all types of hair. thinning hair to strait up bald. and compared to other hair loss products its really not bad. granted i dont like putting anything unnatural in my hair, but if its gunna make someone feel better and if they must use a "product" the bosley line is the best way to go

Panterra Caraway said:

jameela bailey said:
El Blanco Dread
@el-blanco-dread
13 years ago
13 posts

Soooooo folks this is great, really digging the advice and support. Mixed answers on various sites but I tend to lean ont he "Sod it I will do it anyway" side. So is it recommended to start at 3 inches before dreading? I have started my regime, daily washing with veganese and massaging my noggin, Stopping hat wearing and putting in styling wax and allowing my hair the best chance......this is all I really want... a chance, if it isnt right I will go kojak stylee....no biggy!!! Just want a crack at dreads if my hair is able....

Ps ...what are Tams??? Headbands??

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

tams dread sack hats

yea if u were using wax to style that can lead tro loss use a witch hazle type thing to unclog pores

u can stop combing now and let it dread as it grows

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
El Blanco Dread
@el-blanco-dread
13 years ago
13 posts

Cheers boss.....

I havent started doing anything yet.......what should I do to start, Im washing daily and treating well.....what is the first step? Letting it grow a few more inches or do I need to do anything in particular considering the pictures I posted?

J

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

let it grow dont do nothin it will dread as it grows by 5-6 inches

or at 4 u can tnr but remember when u tnr dont make big sections

try for 50 or so dreads even if the tnr dreadlings look scrawny they will thicken up alot

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

/ 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form