Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

residue free shampoo.

chemowasabi
@chemowasabi
14 years ago
20 posts
I still have a bottle of dhhq shampoo lying around that i use from time to time, to the tune of maybe once a month. It suds up and I can tell that i've gotten every part of my head really clean, but it dries out my scalp too much and makes it itchy/dandruffy. I'd say to go out and try a bottle of dr.bronners and one of maylee's bars and see what you like best.
updated by @chemowasabi: 07/23/15 05:08:18PM
Natty Dave
@natty-dave
14 years ago
56 posts
i've used it, it gave me the worst dandruff ever after awhile, but it was alright at first i guess. although i would say best bet would be to check out the etsy shops or maylee's if you want to buy a dread specific shampoo, i would recommend anything from knottyboy over dhhq if you do go that route; Short of being wax peddlers i really liked they shampoo bar and the bee-washed pre-dreading and dewaxing soap.a lot of people like dr b's, i don't care for it personally but if you want to check it out, see if you have a trader joe's in your area, they sell the big bottles for 10 bucks, cheapest i have ever seen it anywhere else. of every thing i have tried though, i prefer bs with some sea salt added, it's cheap, easy and get things clean
Beksta
@beksta
14 years ago
22 posts
LOL! Dreadhead gave you dandruff, and KB shampoo bar gave ME dandruff! LOL...illustrates a very good point though, different scalps respond differently to different things :)

Davey said:
i've used it, it gave me the worst dandruff ever after awhile, but it was alright at first i guess. although i would say best bet would be to check out the etsy shops or maylee's if you want to buy a dread specific shampoo, i would recommend anything from knottyboy over dhhq if you do go that route; Short of being wax peddlers i really liked they shampoo bar and the bee-washed pre-dreading and dewaxing soap.

a lot of people like dr b's, i don't care for it personally but if you want to check it out, see if you have a trader joe's in your area, they sell the big bottles for 10 bucks, cheapest i have ever seen it anywhere else. of every thing i have tried though, i prefer bs with some sea salt added, it's cheap, easy and get things clean
Natty Dave
@natty-dave
14 years ago
56 posts
yeah for sure

Beksta said:
LOL! Dreadhead gave you dandruff, and KB shampoo bar gave ME dandruff! LOL...illustrates a very good point though, different scalps respond differently to different things :)

Davey said:
i've used it, it gave me the worst dandruff ever after awhile, but it was alright at first i guess. although i would say best bet would be to check out the etsy shops or maylee's if you want to buy a dread specific shampoo, i would recommend anything from knottyboy over dhhq if you do go that route; Short of being wax peddlers i really liked they shampoo bar and the bee-washed pre-dreading and dewaxing soap.

a lot of people like dr b's, i don't care for it personally but if you want to check it out, see if you have a trader joe's in your area, they sell the big bottles for 10 bucks, cheapest i have ever seen it anywhere else. of every thing i have tried though, i prefer bs with some sea salt added, it's cheap, easy and get things clean
taye
@taye
14 years ago
833 posts
the point is....do you want to support a company like dhhq? every bottle of shampoo that you buy is supporting a company that pushes the use of wax. I personally would not give them my money. I would rather support a small business on ETSY.
so would've i
@so-wouldve-i
14 years ago
71 posts
I just checked out burt's bees website for the first time to look at hair products and am extremely impressed that they list the % of natural ingredients in each product. I think I'm gonna buy the shampoo bar!
Ham'diya Mu
@hamdiya-mu
14 years ago
8 posts
Peace... I do natural hair care and no matter what you use on your head the secret is to dilute any shampoo with water like 2:1 that is two parts water to one part shampoo.. the first wash isn't going to lather but the second one will and not unless your hair really needs it then the third shampoo will really lather then rise,rise, rise, and rise some more..

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form