Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Will I look good with dreads

NaturalWomyn
@naturalwomyn
14 years ago
849 posts
THIS is a *Beautiful* post Loc Lava! Thank You so much for sharing it with us!! Many Blessings

Loc Lava said:
I agree that everyone looks good with dreads. I also agree that not everyone thinks so. You are 15 yrs old and understandably still a bit self conscience about your appearance. You are a handsome young man and will look handsome no matter what style you have.

Dreads are a considered a style by some and a lifestyle by most folks on this site, myself included. There are times with locs (my preferred term) that are frustrating, they get wild, look crazy, messy sometimes, they get frizzy or dry, etc. Sometimes they just have a mind of their own and seem like they are not growing or what ever. People with locs are perceived differently, no matter that of course that shouldn't be so. It is.

Some people perceive ppl with locs as hippies, druggies, drug dealers, criminals, thugs, lazy, unemployed, homeless etc. If you choose to loc your hair, you will have to be prepared to accept this.

Physically you have lovely bone structure and nicely shaped eyes, locs will suit you and frame your face beautifully/handsomely.

Locs can be a great source of pride and strength, for me personally my locs are my roots home. They aid in keeping me grounded in all of my endeavors. They offer me freedom in my thoughts...and keep my aware...just my own personal thing.Some people get it,some don't. No matter to me. I have learned and grown from my loc journey.

I am sure you will be able to determine what is right for you. Be blessed.

/ 3
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form