5 posts
Look at my photos

John-Michael said:
we dont know wat u look like u doofus
Julie Ellis
@julie-ellis
14 years ago
76 posts
i started about 3 weeks ago and i honestly wasn't sure if i really wanted them, i was just going to do it, why not ya know, now, only 3 weeks in, im really accepting myself, not even worried about lookin at myself in the mirror to see if my hair is perfect or frizzy, i just let go, it feels good. very good. once you accept yourself as you are, then i don't really think that looks matter so much. however i do watch them grow, mine are coming along at a wonderful pace. good luck on your decision:)
Lacie Blaze
@lacie-blaze
14 years ago
39 posts
If you care that much, I don't think its the right choice for u. Part of the greatness of dreads is the carelessness of it, IMO. But, I personally think everyone looks great in dreads... it shows confidence in who you really are, not the artificial confidence of glamour! :)But you should make sure you're ready for some hair chaos... because they aren't perfect from the start. They take alot of time and dedication to look "dreaded". If you're in it for the looks, there will be some parts that might make you quit the journey out of pure frustration. If you want them, get them. You really should let go of trying to please the eyes of everyone around you and do what will make you HAPPY! Dreads make me happy.... so I have them. If someone thinks they don't look good on me, too bad for them!
Jdwood
@jdwood
14 years ago
275 posts
The definition of beauty is very different from one person to an other so asking such a question is implying that there is a clear definition of what looks good. If you want my personal opinion I can tell you that I think you would look good.
Island Mamma
@island-mamma
14 years ago
530 posts
I agree with SE they look good on everyone.Free your mind and the rest will follow!
Island Mamma
@island-mamma
14 years ago
530 posts
I have to ask....why the name calling?

John-Michael said:
we dont know wat u look like u doofus
dreadlockedlady
@dreadlockedlady
14 years ago
39 posts
Good post below...especially the bolded...

Lacie Blaze said:
If you care that much, I don't think its the right choice for u. Part of the greatness of dreads is the carelessness of it, IMO. But, I personally think everyone looks great in dreads... it shows confidence in who you really are, not the artificial confidence of glamour! :)
But you should make sure you're ready for some hair chaos... because they aren't perfect from the start. They take alot of time and dedication to look "dreaded". If you're in it for the looks, there will be some parts that might make you quit the journey out of pure frustration. If you want them, get them . You really should let go of trying to please the eyes of everyone around you and do what will make you HAPPY! Dreads make me happy.... so I have them. If someone thinks they don't look good on me, too bad for them!
Loc Lava
@loc-lava
14 years ago
42 posts
I agree that everyone looks good with dreads. I also agree that not everyone thinks so. You are 15 yrs old and understandably still a bit self conscience about your appearance. You are a handsome young man and will look handsome no matter what style you have.Dreads are a considered a style by some and a lifestyle by most folks on this site, myself included. There are times with locs (my preferred term) that are frustrating, they get wild, look crazy, messy sometimes, they get frizzy or dry, etc. Sometimes they just have a mind of their own and seem like they are not growing or what ever. People with locs are perceived differently, no matter that of course that shouldn't be so. It is.Some people perceive ppl with locs as hippies, druggies, drug dealers, criminals, thugs, lazy, unemployed, homeless etc. If you choose to loc your hair, you will have to be prepared to accept this.Physically you have lovely bone structure and nicely shaped eyes, locs will suit you and frame your face beautifully/handsomely.Locs can be a great source of pride and strength, for me personally my locs are my roots home. They aid in keeping me grounded in all of my endeavors. They offer me freedom in my thoughts...and keep my aware...just my own personal thing.Some people get it,some don't. No matter to me. I have learned and grown from my loc journey.I am sure you will be able to determine what is right for you. Be blessed.
Island Mamma
@island-mamma
14 years ago
530 posts
LOVE this reply

Loc Lava said:
I agree that everyone looks good with dreads. I also agree that not everyone thinks so. You are 15 yrs old and understandably still a bit self conscience about your appearance. You are a handsome young man and will look handsome no matter what style you have.

Dreads are a considered a style by some and a lifestyle by most folks on this site, myself included. There are times with locs (my preferred term) that are frustrating, they get wild, look crazy, messy sometimes, they get frizzy or dry, etc. Sometimes they just have a mind of their own and seem like they are not growing or what ever. People with locs are perceived differently, no matter that of course that shouldn't be so. It is.

Some people perceive ppl with locs as hippies, druggies, drug dealers, criminals, thugs, lazy, unemployed, homeless etc. If you choose to loc your hair, you will have to be prepared to accept this.

Physically you have lovely bone structure and nicely shaped eyes, locs will suit you and frame your face beautifully/handsomely.

Locs can be a great source of pride and strength, for me personally my locs are my roots home. They aid in keeping me grounded in all of my endeavors. They offer me freedom in my thoughts...and keep my aware...just my own personal thing.Some people get it,some don't. No matter to me. I have learned and grown from my loc journey.

I am sure you will be able to determine what is right for you. Be blessed.
Kathleen1
@kathleen1
14 years ago
28 posts
your not a doofus because you decided to ask this question. only stupid ignorant idiots would think that and even ask that question because your picture is in your avatar duh. just laugh at them and have confidence in your self. in my opinion, black men and dreads were just meant for eachother, there are so many good looking brothas rocking dreads, you should definitely give it a shot. i think you got the face for it ;)
updated by @kathleen1: 07/10/15 09:42:59PM

/ 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form