Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Hi everyone :)

Island Mamma
@island-mamma
14 years ago
530 posts
Just a heads up, braids are itchy, the box parts expose your scalp to air and the hairs are pulled which dry and itch like a mofo.... Aaron said:
Yeah I've been reading all your forums and dreaducation, all that stuff. I finally today decided to join ha ha.

I would go natural but my scalp gets itchy so I can't just let it get knotty naturally. Plus my hair is wavy and thin.

I don't mind the goofy early stage I'd just twist it (slightly) till it's sticks together. Idk if that'd be a bad thing or not.
Idk what wool rubbing is.(still new to terms and lingo)

So I'll have her look at this stuff on monday.

Have any further information? Like what's a good shampoo to use if you have dandruff, but won't loosen the root of the dreads?(or residue)

updated by @island-mamma: 07/10/15 11:35:21PM
GreyGargoyle
@greygargoyle
14 years ago
569 posts
Natural. Don't be a chicken shit. =) Welcome to the forum.
Aaron"TheLegend"
@aaronthelegend
14 years ago
283 posts
Ha ha I'm actually trying the Natural thing for 2 weeks to see how knotty my hair gets and such. No combs or anything. Does anyone know a good residue free dandruff shampoo xD (I am going to switch to S.E. Homemade recipe after i get all the things I need )
Island Mamma
@island-mamma
14 years ago
530 posts
The nice thing about natural is you grow into them,it's a natural progression for you and everyone in your life.
Aaron"TheLegend"
@aaronthelegend
14 years ago
283 posts
But I don't think my hair will naturally lock on it's own, if I just don't comb it? Because I've done that before and nothing happened lol. It just stood up.
GreyGargoyle
@greygargoyle
14 years ago
569 posts
How long was your hair?Hair needs length to lock up. Mine is around three inches right now and I see that it's trying to lock up on it's own. No biggie, man. Just let it happen. It's so much easier than trying to worry about how your hair looks or how to twist or backcomb and then after you do one of those unnatural methods then you have to worry about them falling apart again... Aaron said:
But I don't think my hair will naturally lock on it's own, if I just don't comb it? Because I've done that before and nothing happened lol. It just stood up.
NaturalWomyn
@naturalwomyn
14 years ago
849 posts
your hair will most definitely lock up on its own. it just takes time. Length is for sure a factor. Dr.Bronners tea tree works wonders on my hubbys flakes, i don't really get dandruff, but i love it too. Everybody's different though, you gotta try some for yourself! Good Luck!!

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form