Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Neglecting :)

Elle
@elle
14 years ago
14 posts
soooo..well,i wanted to thank all of you who helped me out in my first week..and BAM i can't belive this..its already day 15 0_0..i forgot all about them.and they re knotting up really well i guess,except for some loose hairs which keep getting on my nerves xD but i guess everyone gets them,do they?I was thinking maybe you guys know any natural methods that can help me speed up the process of knotting?i'm gonna try sea salt soon :) xxx jah bless,dready friends.
updated by @elle: 01/13/15 08:35:23PM
GoldenEagle
@goldeneagle
14 years ago
393 posts
Yes, everyone gets to deal with loose hair. Because of the natural hair growth/shedding cycle loose hair really never goes away. Eventually individual hairs get pulled into dreadlocks. Just remember other people may not notice the all the loose hair you are seeing.Sea salt helps, however rinse your hair out after an hour or two later. I stopped using a salt water spray after I managed to clog a spray nozzle with salt water.Other than salt water sprays:1. If you have an old wool sweater that you aren't wearing any more or at the moment. Put it on top of your pillow case as if it were a pillow case.2. Go outside on windy days and just enjoy the outdoors.3. Keeping your hair clean helps out.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
for the 1st week u worried and worried daily..then u found other things to worry about and suddenly realized they dreaded better when u stopped worrying boit them all the time..u also kept saying my dreads suck my dreads suck so they sucked then one day u fed them love and they reactedfeed them good energy not bad love them even when they dont look rightforget all about them for weeks at a timeremember to enjoy life as much as u canthe journeys not a hair trip its a life trip

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Earth Rose
@earth-rose
14 years ago
38 posts
Don't speed your process, these dreads are meant to teach you the absolute understanding of patience.
Elle
@elle
14 years ago
14 posts
its like sometimes i get really worried about the ends..or about them coming undone when i wash them..because sometimes they go all straight,but they always stay knotted from the roots :O
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form