Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

piecing together my summer

lino sanchez
@lino-sanchez
14 years ago
27 posts
so first off I just want to say how thankful I am of this online community for listening to everyone, and being respectful and understanding. so this post is just to maybe get some feedback and advice on how I am going to put together my summer. Basically last summer and the summer before was just terrible. sat home all day. was just bad. I'm going to try and make something of this summer before I go off to college. So basically, I might be in a band! this is kind of bittersweet. like, i don't know if I'm ready for the committment, and have no experience playing in a non-school band, and that whole scene so i'm kinda nervous about all that... but damn! what an experience it will be! it sounds like a trip! playing shows, making music, meeting new people! it's a either take it, or leave it situation with such an opportunity, and im still kind of thinking about it... other than that, I'm frankly just TIRED of feeling like a spoiled
updated by @lino-sanchez: 01/13/15 08:35:21PM
lino sanchez
@lino-sanchez
14 years ago
27 posts
kid whose parent's just buy him everything. like yes, my parents buy my clothes, my food, pay for school, and yeah, if I go out with friends, my parents will give me money. no i don't have a job. I just feel like... I should be making my own money, or at least have a job. I have mixed feelings though... like.. do I really NEED to work? not really. but I'm just tired of feeling like the only one who has never had a job. I kind want the experience and have something to put on a resume. I guess a lot of it is just to SAY i have a job, and don't just have parents who just GIVE me money. and don't even try to hide it, many people will look down upon that. so i might consider getting a job over the summer. so that would make my summer, having a job, and being in a punk band. so with those two assets of my summer, will make my summer a pretty much non-travel summer. but thats ok I guess, i mean, i wanna savor my last weeks living at home anyway. this eliminates the possibilities of hostiling in europe, and going to a rainbow gathering (sorry se :( I really would love to, but to be honest I just don't think my parents would let me at this age and alone). So alongside other endeavors like reading, and writing, and stuff, it looks like being in a band might be the main logistic of my sumer. the band would only be for the sumer tho. i kinda like that idea tho. just form a band for the summer..
GratefulNick
@gratefulnick
14 years ago
155 posts
Just have fun with your summer man, being in a band is a job.
Jim the Kraken
@jim-the-kraken
14 years ago
81 posts
join the band. if you don't like it, quit. if that happens, get a job somewhere to fill up the time you would be spending sitting at home. save up the money and buy something nice for yourself. I always find I appreciate things more and take better care of them if I buy them with my hard earned money.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
being in a punk band for a summer? i know ya dont gotta sound good to play punk but come on ya gonna join a band that only exists for 3 months? do u thnk they'll se 1 show in 3 months? maybe a party otrr 2 but most bands practice wotk on songs togethder write music practice practice practivce for longer then 3 months before playibg showsit they only plan ojn being together for 3 months whats the point? go travelin hell if u make the gathering its wall too wall (oops what walls i mean peak to peak) musicians whod love to play with ysa and if thats yiur cakling to play musicthen play music with a future not just a buncha kids with an idea and a deadlinejust my 2 cents do what u feel u should do but that sounds like just another summer wasting time if u never get to play outside a basement ot garagedo they have rreal talent? are they really good? if not why would u give up your summer to play with a mediocre band with no future

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Emily
@emily
14 years ago
203 posts
youre not going cuz your parents wont let you? mine dont want me to either but im going to anyway..do what you wanna do and youll have a good summer :)
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form