Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

new to the world of dreads

xkiwibird
@xkiwibird
14 years ago
10 posts
hi, my name is jessica. ive decided on getting dreads, but havent started my journey yet. there are great tips on this site, i love it so much, very glad i found it.just a quick question--what should i wash my hair with before dreading? just regular shampoo or one of the homemade ones with baking soda or what?thanks!
updated by @xkiwibird: 02/09/18 03:11:33AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
welcomebaking soda..or any clarifying shampoo like nutragena daily clarifyinga clarifying shampoo removes all buildup and conditioners restoring hair to a natural state great for dreadinghow r u gonna dread?

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
xkiwibird
@xkiwibird
14 years ago
10 posts
thank you, i will look into the clarifying shampoo.i was thinking the most convenient way for me would be twist and rip, since im going to be doing this mostly by myself. soaringeagle said:
welcome
baking soda..or any clarifying shampoo like nutragena daily clarifying
a clarifying shampoo removes all buildup and conditioners restoring hair to a natural state great for dreading

how r u gonna dread?
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
or go natural nothins easier but yea twist and rips a good choice too real easy to do and effective looks good and holds together wellpost pics before after during and all along your journey xkiwibird said:
thank you, i will look into the clarifying shampoo.
i was thinking the most convenient way for me would be twist and rip, since im going to be doing this mostly by myself.

soaringeagle said:
welcome
a clarifying shampoo removes all buildup and conditioners restoring hair to a natural state great for dreading

how r u gonna dread?

--
xkiwibird
@xkiwibird
14 years ago
10 posts
yeah going natural would be ideal, but people would try to intervene and tell me to stop dreading. this way i can just tell everyone who doesnt support me that there is no way to undo it.i will take pictures for sure! thank you for the advice! soaringeagle said:
or go natural nothins easier but yea twist and rips a good choice too real easy to do and effective looks good and holds together well
post pics before after during and all along your journey

xkiwibird said:
i was thinking the most convenient way for me would be twist and rip, since im going to be doing this mostly by myself.

soaringeagle said:
welcome

how r u gonna dread?
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
haha i like that ..too late its done u cant do nothin bout it now(and if they try forced cutting falls under the crime of assault) xkiwibird said:
yeah going natural would be ideal, but people would try to intervene and tell me to stop dreading. this way i can just tell everyone who doesnt support me that there is no way to undo it.

i will take pictures for sure! thank you for the advice!

soaringeagle said:
or go natural nothins easier but yea twist and rips a good choice too real easy to do and effective looks good and holds together well
post pics before after during and all along your journey

xkiwibird said:

soaringeagle said:
welcome

how r u gonna dread?

--
xkiwibird
@xkiwibird
14 years ago
10 posts
luckily everyone i know isnt that hateful towards dreads, they just dont "get" them. but theyll just have to deal. i think they are afraid that i will change if my hair does...hahaha ridiculous. soaringeagle said:
haha i like that ..too late its done u cant do nothin bout it now

(and if they try forced cutting falls under the crime of assault)

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
actualy u might..but for the betterdreads do affect u in profound waysbut for the betterits a journey of growth xkiwibird said:
luckily everyone i know isnt that hateful towards dreads, they just dont "get" them. but theyll just have to deal. i think they are afraid that i will change if my hair does...hahaha ridiculous.

soaringeagle said:
haha i like that ..too late its done u cant do nothin bout it now

(and if they try forced cutting falls under the crime of assault)

--
xkiwibird
@xkiwibird
14 years ago
10 posts
i am glad that if i do change it will be for the better, and i will obviously be the same person.i just need a change in my life, i feel like ive been searching for something and looking in all the wrong places, and i had this epiphany about dreadlocks. i dont even remember why i did, i just knew this would open new doors for me. im excited to start my journey.
GreyGargoyle
@greygargoyle
14 years ago
569 posts
I've changed a bit as well. I honestly didn't believe that I would change but SE told me that I would and I did. I am only four months in so I'm sure that I'll change even more.Change isn't always a bad thing.
updated by @greygargoyle: 07/13/15 10:00:47AM
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form