Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Sectioning question

Jared North
@jared-north
14 years ago
9 posts
Hi, thanks for all of your help...I have decided to try to do dreadlocks at my home to save $$$, and had a question about sectioning...Do the sections have to be exactly square???Also I found the pic that has the right thickness of dreads I want...On an estimate how many does it look like the man has???Thanks :)
updated by @jared-north: 01/13/15 08:34:49PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
no square sections are boring naturally your sections are whatever shape and size they want so sectioning does not need to be ant shape at all, just make sure hairs arent criss crossed at the roots thats all, and well..hes got alot..over 100 maybe 200..alotsomewhere between 1/2 and 1/2 inchu could just go natural a couple weeks and alow the hair to section itself

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Jared North
@jared-north
14 years ago
9 posts
Thanks, I really hope I can get dreads like the pic...But if there's one thing I know is that good dreads take time :) soaringeagle said:
no square sections are boring naturally your sections are whatever shape and size they want so sectioning does not need to be ant shape at all, just make sure hairs arent criss crossed at the roots thats all, and well..hes got alot..over 100 maybe 200..alot
somewhere between 1/2 and 1/2 inch

u could just go natural a couple weeks and alow the hair to section itself
Alden
@alden
14 years ago
303 posts
lolI nearly pooped a little when I saw that picture and then thought about how long it'd take me to do all that myself, like SE said, he's got to have over 100, but when you're sectioning (regardless of what shape they are on your scalp) you'll want to be aware of how much hair you section off because as it knots up they will likely get fat and loose, and then tighten noticeably and shrink ever so slightly, as is natural behavior for new dreads. So if they don't turn out just like that guys, don't be upset. Why would you want his dreads anyway, how bout a pair of your own with personality specific to your head. Dreads really are babies, you can guide them but they'll always do their own thing.
Jared North
@jared-north
14 years ago
9 posts
Haha...I have alot of time on my hands.I just really like the thin ones and I saw those about 6 months ago and I thought those were the coolest dreads I have ever seen, that pic is actually why I decided to get dreadlocks :)I'm not saying I don't want my own...I just would like ones kinda like those.Thanks for the help :) Alden said:
lol I nearly pooped a little when I saw that picture and then thought about how long it'd take me to do all that myself, like SE said, he's got to have over 100, but when you're sectioning (regardless of what shape they are on your scalp) you'll want to be aware of how much hair you section off because as it knots up they will likely get fat and loose, and then tighten noticeably and shrink ever so slightly, as is natural behavior for new dreads. So if they don't turn out just like that guys, don't be upset. Why would you want his dreads anyway, how bout a pair of your own with personality specific to your head. Dreads really are babies, you can guide them but they'll always do their own thing.
Marcus Nappy
@marcus-nappy
14 years ago
30 posts
I do not believe that I have one square section on my head ha ha ha.
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form