Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

dread wax dreadlocks and wax free dreadlocks real life comparison and experience

Nic Sullivan
@nic-sullivan
14 years ago
47 posts
Alright friends i have over all been dreading for 7 or 8 months but the thing is. I have had two sets of dreads. For the first 6 to 7 months i used dreadheadhq wax. I didn't wax every day most of the time it was after washes our when people would say it was looking kinda nappy i would pull out the wax and put about a pea sized amount on all the dreads that were looking rough and rub it in palm roll. i mean i even got my friends to do that back because i wanted to make sure the wax got evenly rubbed then i would blow dry. So i thought i was doing every thing right.So around the 5th month of waxing i thought that i had been useing to much wax because my dreads were rock solid and would stick straight up and this is 5 or 6 months in. So i started doing my looking on the site and saw that dreadbutta was suppose to give more nutrients to your dreads and got rid of the waxxy feeling so i guess i thought it would help with the stiff ness . It didn't and i got so sick of people constantly telling me my dreads were looking nasty that i cut my hair down to my shoulders and combed out the dreads.Now i am more than a month in to my new set and they feel great. I'm not gonna lie and say that they look the way i want them to. Or that i think there loc'n up real real fast But the parts that are feel really nice and tight. There is a big difference. and i think it's for the better.
updated by @nic-sullivan: 02/03/18 12:13:06PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
so let me get this right..1st set waxy didnt even last a year waxless you like em much better and have a good chance to last a lifetimeid love to hear more peoples experiences that had a waxy set and s wax free set

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Nic Sullivan
@nic-sullivan
14 years ago
47 posts
well i mean well see if i spoke now it would be out of ignorance i have no idea what these dreads are gonna look like in 5 months or if i will like them. But i do know as of now they feel great. At the same time theres a lot of loose hair and some look like there fall'n apart and i don't know what to do other than wait it out soaringeagle said:
so let me get this right..1st set waxy didnt even last a year waxless you like em much better and have a good chance to last a lifetime

id love to hear more peoples experiences that had a waxy set and s wax free set
IllumiKnotty
@illumiknotty
14 years ago
212 posts
your dreads will continue to mature so dont lose sight of the big picture
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form