Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Make Yourself

Kody Kuss
@kody-kuss
14 years ago
1 posts
Hey! My name is Kody!! So the desire and passion I have to eventually have dreadlocks started when I was younger. I have always wanted to start them, but with sports and other things was not able/did not. HOWEVER, I know the best way for me to stick to something is to make small/medium/large goals to achieve and to meet those standards I choose to make small personal bets to motivate me!So, I decided to make a bet with my friend that I will be growing my hair out for the first time, and right now the bet is till next April 2011.My questions are probably explained in the forums and I shall read them, but if anyone reads this I need a lot of help! I know my hair is not long yet, but I do not know when I should start the 'dreading process???' Also, I like the natural way of doing it. So, my questions are how long does my hair have to be to start? How do I start? (Steps, etc to get there).Any advice is always helpful!!!Love and insight,Kody
updated by @kody-kuss: 01/13/15 08:33:41PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
already left u a comment with this butyour hair will dread when its bout 6 inches on average sometimes shorterU can start nowjust throw away your comb and sonditionerswhen clumps form seperate em sometimes to be sure they dont combine into a massive dreadthats about it

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Spider Feet
@spider-feet
14 years ago
458 posts
If your hair is really short and you like the idea of going natural then yea, just toss the brush. Get some dr. bronners, use baking soda, or even just plain white bar soap. My experience from growing my dreads from a shaved head is that it was already dreads by the time it would have taken to grow it long enough to backcomb.
sadangel777
@sadangel777
14 years ago
68 posts
Go combless! It is so awesome! : ) Oh, and conditionerless...basically what they just said!
Spider Feet
@spider-feet
14 years ago
458 posts
If you want you can help it along when it's a few inches long by taking a wool sweater and rubbing your head with it in a circular motion for a few minutes a day. Pretty un-necessary though.
Spider Feet
@spider-feet
14 years ago
458 posts
No introduction, gibberish on profile, unrelated post and an unrelated link....spam. I'm fair enough to give time to prove otherwise though. Kelly L said:
Thank you for the post.
Hi guys, Im a newbie. Nice to join this forum.

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form