Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Finally joined after years of stalking the forums lol

Kaepora
@kaepora
5 years ago
11 posts

So I've been aware of this site since about 2010 and have been back off and on, this is the first time I've ever joined! 

I'm committed to my dreadlocks this time around, this is my 3rd or 4th set now. Each time before this I never made it past the 3 month mark, I always brushed them out and regretted it instantly. I've had such a huge love for dreadlocks and knew I should just do it. Before dreads I always left my hair down and never brushed it anyway, so it's just ideal for my lifestyle. 

I've been growing my hair out for 5 years and finally am to a length where it feels right to start the journey. I started with the backcombed method, palmrolling them periodically but less often now. They're coming up on a month now and I have no regrets! Nothing but love for these babies and how far they will go in the future. My plan is to keep things as natural and healthy as I can. I love the idea of freeform/neglect but when I tried with my hair it would turn into a big matted mass in the back that I couldn't separate for anything so I gave them a little jump start. I'd like to just leave them to their own devices and let them form from here on out. 

I'm happy to be a part of this site and love all the advice I've read so far in the forums. It helps tremendously. 

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
5 years ago
29,640 posts

very pretty :) they look great

you'll just have to separate alot, in the other discussion  about the shampoos.. you mght wanna get both bar and liquid switch em up depending if u wanna speed up dreading or slow it down (making separating less of a daily chore) 

the faster it dreads the more u need to separate in the early months

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Kaepora
@kaepora
5 years ago
11 posts
Thank you, I really appreciate that!
That's exactly what I was wondering, I feel that shampoo I'm using now might slow it down a bit because it leaves my hair so silky afterwards. I'll experiment with different kinds and see which one works best on my hair.

So far I've had to separate pretty frequently, it doesn't take long for the loose hairs to attach way on the other side and the roots blend together if I don't do it often enough. But other than that I don't mess with them too much, it's been a great experience so far.
dreadlocked07
@dreadlocked07
5 years ago
2 posts
Dope locs
FemalePheromones
@femalepheromones
5 years ago
414 posts

Welcome, your hair looks great.

Just a quick note palm rolling literally does nothing so you don't need to waste your time with it.

--
I'm on Twitter @FemalePheromone
and Instagram @FemalePheromones
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form