Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

a sapling's greeting

MegN
@megn
5 years ago
19 posts
Welcome! Keep us updated. Would love to see some pics of your progress on your profile! 😁
PoopiePants
@poopiepants
5 years ago
81 posts
@duskwood You won't regret Freeforming:)
Duskwood
@duskwood
5 years ago
45 posts

thanks guys =) I don't have a lot of great pictures right now, I'm a bit shy too, but I think I might have something I'm alright with sharing.

I'm definitely loving just letting my hair do it's thing, watching the subtle changes happening right now. It's slow going, because my hair isn't as long as I'd like it to be (I had much longer hair, then decided to get a mohawk, but I didn't want to put any chemical crap in it so it didn't last long XD) but I'm pretty patient. About to order a wool tam hat too, will help a lot for my self esteem because I have to travel and go trough a lot of busy areas soon and I like hiding my hair a bit, I wear a kind of headband now, people in my town are used to me looking like a gypsy hippy anyway :P

Also going to order the shampoo this week! Woohoo! :D Can't wait to try it out, hoping the 'goddess' one is lovely, I use flowery soaps and incense all the time too.

edit; uploaded 2 pictures of my first week without brushing my hair =)

Here's hoping a year from now there will be significant difference!

updated by @duskwood: 03/08/19 01:00:38PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
5 years ago
29,640 posts

its long enough  to dread fast. but  stop worrying what others think wear your messy hair with pride

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
TashTash
@tashtash
5 years ago
76 posts
@duskwood - my hair isn’t as long as I’d like it either, I decided to get it cut from mid back length to jaw length 🤦🏻‍♀️ Then I decided to start freeforming 😂 it’s slow progress but it’s worth it for me, I hate having my photo taken but I’ve been taking a photo every morning so that I can timelapse them later, and I think it’s helping my camera phobia!

Can’t wait to watch your progress, I had a look at your photos, your hair is a lovely colour and I think it’ll dread quite nicely, I think you already have some sections forming 😊
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
5 years ago
29,640 posts

@tashtash has taken so many gorgeous photos i'll have to double the servers drive capacity soon :) cant wait to see the timelapse

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
TashTash
@tashtash
5 years ago
76 posts
😂
Duskwood
@duskwood
5 years ago
45 posts

@tashtash - that's awesome ^^ and thanks! I actually dyed my hair darker a while ago, it was black for a little while but that has faded by now (I only use henna/indigo). Might dye it with henna again to bring out my natural lighter colours, and also to match my beard which has a lot of red.

I'm almost a whole month into the journey, my hair feels so much better than it did before when I was brushing it often.

Peaceful_Passer
@peaceful-passer
5 years ago
233 posts
Ivwash with half acv and half water once every two weeks and just water otherwise. Been shampoo free for 4.5 years now. I tried some dread soap once, it left my scalp itchy, acv works best for me and has no residue.
Peaceful_Passer
@peaceful-passer
5 years ago
233 posts
I strongly suggest freeform. I tnr my first set and took them out a month later. I allowed my 2nd set to freeform but I rolled and tried a little crocheting 6 months in which was a HUGE mistake. I brushed that set out after 18 months. I'm a month into my third set now and all I do is wash and separate (daily- I've been fighting off my dreads for last 6 months with loose hair. My hair know what it likes!

/ 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form