Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Hello! Third time with dreads

thirdtimesacharm
@thirdtimesacharm
6 years ago
7 posts

So as the my username hints at, this is my third time growing dreads. The first time I grew dreads, I went the freeform route and absolutely loved them. It was one of the happiest times of my life:) Unfortunately, due to my extremely long-to-dry hair and some mistakes I made during the drying process, I developed what I believed to be a bit of mildew. To this day I still don't know if that was what it really was or not. No one else seemed to notice it lol. Nevertheless, I combed out the first set with much sadness and frustration only to put back in twist and rip dreads around a month and a half later. Let's just say I missed them:)

As around another month and a half passed, I was very dissatisfied with my dreads being non-freeform. I was too obsessed with them being perfect and a trip throughout Europe left me constantly putting my hair up while wet, and I grew done with the whole process. I proceeded to shave my head after that, which was fun for a while but never what I truly wanted. 

This time around I am sticking with what my heart loves and what I believe works best for my hair: freeform. Here's to hoping I will love this journey just as much as the first, and that I will approach this set with some more wisdom and tricks up my sleeve.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
6 years ago
29,640 posts

just so you know www.dreadlockshampoo.com makes rot knot that solves any mildew issues

I was at the rainbow gathering in  Georgia in july. it was 110 with 98% humidity  (and im a quadriplegic that does not sweat..at all) so al da y id hang by the stream pouring water over my head so I wouldn't pass out.. then every sigle day.. terential downpours ..I mean paths became rivers in minutes.. so for well over a week I wass damp 24/7 and yes my hair started to get that funk

used rot knot and bamn  good as new 

also since mine are so long I use a whole bottle at once.. it rinses out with ease despite using the full bottle and squeezing it into theores

theres no neeed to cut anymore we can solve nearly every dreadd issue

even the horrors caused by salons usualy (so far so good but I know someday we'll get some too far gone to save)

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
thirdtimesacharm
@thirdtimesacharm
6 years ago
7 posts

Hey there again!

Yes, I actually used rot knot by your recommendation back then. I loved the smell and thought it was a great product overall. However, I remember that I kept having issues despite using it. I think a lot of it came down to me being over-paranoid and over-sensitive to smell. I noticed after not having dreads for a while that I would still get a funny smell occasionally that I had mistaken for mold in the past. Turns out it was probably just sweat a lot of the time lol. So basically I think I did get a bit of mildew but was sort of smelling it when it wasn't even there. 

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
6 years ago
29,640 posts

oh I know people like that..they walk into a room wih just 5 peioplke in it and instantly say I gotta get ut of here I can smell all the Cheetos breath  he constantly yells at his daughter to put on 'sauce' (what he calls deodorant) claiming he can smell her 'oniony pits" despite the fact shes in the back seat of the car with 3 other people (who smell nothng) and all the windows are open wth an 80 mile per hour breeze blowing any smells away from him.

he always imagines the smells the same way too.. using the same descriptions and  nobody else smells a thing

now me..i don't sweat (neurological thing0 not a drop so haven't used deodorant in 30 years  but never get even the tiniest hint of scent in my pits..

while in the car I could have both arms up for hours and wont say a word..but if he looks over and sees that suddenly he smells a small hats not there

are you a germaphobe maybe? (he is)

--
thirdtimesacharm
@thirdtimesacharm
6 years ago
7 posts

Haha no I wouldn't say I'm a germaphobe. I have my quirks like not wanting to drink something where I can see someone's spit on it but I definitely am not ridiculously clean either (My room is quite a mess right now haha and I was living in a cabin this summer with an outhouse). I do however have anxiety/obsessive thoughts and depression. I'm also a bit of a hypochondriac ugh XD 

I think just in general I'm very sensitive to the five senses and do tend to feel things quite strongly emotionally as well. Just who I am I guess. 

thirdtimesacharm
@thirdtimesacharm
6 years ago
7 posts

I've found dreads help me out a lot with slowing me down, making me let go of things I can't control, and they are also a tangible symbol that keeps my grounded. 

Really amazing how hair can mean so much:)

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
6 years ago
29,640 posts

they actualy cure several body image disorders too

--
coffeelover
@coffeelover
6 years ago
3 posts

☮ soaring eagle ॐ:

they actualy cure several body image disorders too

Can you elaborate a bit about this? What do mean exactly? Like you don't care what others think of you type of way?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
6 years ago
29,640 posts

anorexia, on the surface may seem to be about  caring too much about being skinny or not fat. but ultimately its about control.  anorexics almost always come from families where they have next to no control over anythhing in their lives.. pressured to be perfect in every way.. the only thing they can contriol is eat..or not

dreads ofcourse are looked down on by some  so threres that..not caring what others think  being able to be 'ugly" in some peoples eyes ..thats part of it letting go of caring what thers think.. but the biggest part is letting go of the neeed to control their hair!

we have had several members battling eating disorders who were fine when they had dreads, when they cut them fell hard back into the disorder, and when dreading again had the strength to beat it.

--
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form