Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

A Hello!

LilMojoMoe
@lilmojomoe
6 years ago
32 posts

Ahhh lol well I Live in a very conservative redneck part of central Florida. My family has been pretty accepting my mother actually even saying she might put a dread or two in lol. But we are all very redneck hippie free spirited. I've come to see that people either love it or hate and people WILL touch your hair lol. Most just have questions and I'm able to educate them properly and debunk some stereotypes

--
Signed with Love, Jolly! May my journey of finding myself inspire you to search for yourself! FROM FLORIDA WITH CARE!
Bunn
@harleyjunkin
6 years ago
47 posts

Only fifteen? How considerate! I don't think I'll ever hear the end of it. Small price to pay, I suppose hehe. Both my mother and I are mediums, and yet I find I am more open to these types of self expression compared to her. It's odd, given that she raised me to be a free spirit... But then says the stuff I like is wrong.

LilMojoMoe
@lilmojomoe
6 years ago
32 posts

What do you mean Fifteen? I'm not following? A medium with dreads very fitting.

--
Signed with Love, Jolly! May my journey of finding myself inspire you to search for yourself! FROM FLORIDA WITH CARE!
Bazooka Guru
@bazooka-guru
6 years ago
204 posts
@lilmojomoe I believe 15 was in reference to soaring eagle's last comment.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
6 years ago
29,640 posts

well for 16 years eveytime I looked in her direction she made scissor motions with her fingers  every convo mentioned cutting.  and always "i'm embarrassed to be seen with you"  then we went xmass shopping in the mall, and like 12 grey haired ol ladies surrounded me saying how they never saw hair so beautiful and 1 out of every 5 who walked by said I love your dreads.

that was the 1st time she saw it as something to be proud of not ashamed  and that year bought me a tam, never mentioned cutting again

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Bunn
@harleyjunkin
6 years ago
47 posts

It was! Fifteen years before they gave up ;P They were certainly determined!

And thank you ahaha. I think so too, but there is such a bad stigma against dreads and it hurts me.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
6 years ago
29,640 posts

only ignorant people believe that

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
LilMojoMoe
@lilmojomoe
6 years ago
32 posts

Sorry I had neglected to see that comment. (Pun Hah) I hear people say cut my hair all the time, I just tell them they should grow theirs. If my personal choice on hair bothers someone that much then they have more personal issues they need to address Lol.

--
Bunn
@harleyjunkin
6 years ago
47 posts

I agree. I know it's going to be a battle with her when it comes to my hair, but it isn't her body. I think I will just direct her to this site if she gets uppity ahaha.

LilMojoMoe
@lilmojomoe
6 years ago
32 posts

Its more positive then negative the whole experience.

--

/ 8

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form