Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

hello my brothers and sisters

trinidread88
@trinidread88
6 years ago
1 posts

Hey  everyone I have been dreading for 11 months now this is my second time around. The first time I tried I tried the beautician and beeswax method with hair clips and dryers but it just became a complete mess. The second time around I started out with a twist sponge for the first month or two and stopped using it. I have unusually soft hair for an African American probably because of the Trinidadian from my fathers side which definitely has some Indian(the country) roots. After 6 month of growth they still weren't  locking so my girl friend tied knot at the top of the twist and they started to loc a little I play in and twist my hair with my fingers often but after reading a lot of post I am thinking that this is not a good I deal so no more twisting or knotting my hair and I am going to go from once a month wash to twice a week. after 8 months the back of my hair wasn't locking at all so I knotted those up last month. I need to know if this is okay or have I done irrevocable damage and any recommendations for a African American with unusually soft hair as far as shampoo or moisturizers I have really greasy hair although I don't use products at all. I need full hair care plan please any and all help is welcomed.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
6 years ago
29,640 posts

they look great  well www.dreadlockshampoo.com is the best shampoo.. if your  hairs the  typicaly dry African American hair use the bars but if not (you say its not) the liquid will dread it up faster at te expense of drying the hair out some

knots in dreads  create snap points..since its at the tips that probably wont matter, if it was at the roots or middle that could be a problem.. many have tried fixing weak spots in dreads by adding some knots.. only to find that caused them to break off at the knot..

simply changing what you washed with and how often would most likely have been all you needed to get them to lock

it sure looks like the lil twisting you had done did no real harm.. but yea that wax was pretty nasty huh.. glad ya joined us  .. your dreads look great and now they will  be well cared for

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form