29,640 posts

yea

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Raven's Light
@ravens-light
8 years ago
346 posts

Ok, so for future reference and clarification, I don't actually need to use baking soda in a deep cleanse, I could use just ACV? Or is it just in cases like the bronner's build up that ACV can be used on its own?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
8 years ago
29,640 posts

when you want to break down oils and remove buildup you can most likely use only acv

baking soda is great at exfoliation (removing dead skin) but that's because of its harshness

if your just trying to remove excess oils i think acv should be all youd want to use

and if you experience enough residue to need to use it id switch what you wash with

--
Raven's Light
@ravens-light
8 years ago
346 posts

Ok, I'll keep an on any build up I may have. I'll keep in mind that i could use just ACV to help in those cases. How long of a soak is generally needed? (I used to do the deep clean soak for about 20 minutes)

Raven's Light
@ravens-light
8 years ago
346 posts

If I only were to shampoo my dreads once a week, but rinse them with water 2 other days before or after the shampoo day (getting up to washing them in some fashion 3 times a week) would that help combat any residue issues or is it better to not do that?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
8 years ago
29,640 posts

with the baking soda followed by a rinse then the acv for no more then 3 min then a rinse..right

so the acv only a couple minutes is needed

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
8 years ago
29,640 posts

depends ofcourse washing mores better but not if what your washing with is causing the residue

if you get residue switch what you wash with

use something made for dreads and hard water

--
Raven's Light
@ravens-light
8 years ago
346 posts

I figured that. elsewhere on this forum, I had read that the acv part of the soak could be done for about 5 minutes if that.

Raven's Light
@ravens-light
8 years ago
346 posts

Can the fall weather already be slowing down drying time on my dreads? I ask this because I had washed my hair in the late afternoon yesterday and then blow dried it on cold after having a towel over on my head after washing them, and they still seem to have somewhat of the smell of what I'm sure if the shampoo I used (Trader Joe's Tea Tree shampoo at the moment) this morning....I do wonder if they could possibly still be even a little damp on the inside, but I can't tell for sure I had feared for some reason it could be mold, but I am pretty sure I'm wrong as it didn't seem to smell strongly of any kind of wet smell.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
8 years ago
29,640 posts

you should be able to feel any dampness

you can blow dry on warm ..or even hot but the more heat you use the quicker you have to move it around to avoid overheating any 1 area

--

/ 29

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form