Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

From Interlocking to Natural: My Dreadlock Journey

Raven's Light
@ravens-light
8 years ago
346 posts

I have been trying to transition my washing schedule, so far washing my dreads every 4-5 days has worked well....I am now on the 5th day since my last wash and my hair has yet to get itchy. Hopefully, this means my scalp has adjusted to once a week....although I"m not sure if this week will be exactly 7 days, it  may be a little over that. 

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
8 years ago
29,640 posts

yea it will adjust further if you desire

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Raven's Light
@ravens-light
8 years ago
346 posts

Ok, good to know, however I doubt I'd want to have it adjust to being washed over 7 days....as less than once a week just sounds unpleasant.

Raven's Light
@ravens-light
8 years ago
346 posts

So should I just now see how long it takes my hair to get itchy then wash or should I just wash every 7th if I am able...or should I wash on the 6th day and shift to washing every 7th day next week?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
8 years ago
29,640 posts

whatever feels right just yea wouldn't go over  7

--
Raven's Light
@ravens-light
8 years ago
346 posts

ok noted. I have backed off on my sea salt spraying, but I am wondering if since I am using a soap that may be a little conditioning if I should be using sea salt sprays maybe every two weeks or every week?

Raven's Light
@ravens-light
8 years ago
346 posts

So I am realizing again that 5 days seems to be the point where my scalp seems to get itchy. So I am beginning to wonder if I will be able to train my hair to be washed every 7 days or not. I am wondering if I should I try giving it more time next week to see if I can adjust it to being washed every 7 days or if I should take it a little slower and wash every 6 days for a while? I'm only unsure due to only now it seems that I have caught on to my scalp's pattern in terms of when it is itchy.  I guess I"ll have to test and see what works.

updated by @ravens-light: 10/24/16 06:26:08PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
8 years ago
29,640 posts

take it  like this:

if it itches today, i'll wash it tomorow

through winter at least .. in summer you can switch it up if you want

--
Raven's Light
@ravens-light
8 years ago
346 posts

Thanks for the good rule of thumb. I"ll keep that in mind. I guess with that rule in mind, my washing cycle may end up being about once a week, since tomorrow is day 6 rather than day 7, but I guess going by washing the day after it itches is a better rule of thumb then trying to stay exact on how many days it's been since a wash.  

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
8 years ago
29,640 posts

yup and since that's 6 its likely to get to 7 soon

--

/ 29

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form