Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Hi, new dreads and have lots of questions.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

ok theres a story that goes with these

history: waxed only a couple times in the 1st 2 weeks.. using 1/4 the recomended wax

washed regularly for 4 years, boiled even multiple times ..agressuve attempts were made to remove wax, then it was assummed all the wax was gone till 1 day he was o finding wax chunks coming to the surface

so snip snip chop the dreads were cut off and disected cut open the long way (cuts not really the right word as they wernt really dreaded so could be pulled apart with fingers)

inside this was found

click it and zoom in for a shocking veiw

wait ..its going to get more shocking yet..

now that was inside..4 years old hardened and crumbling

now this next pictures the real shocker

doesnt look shocking does it it looks like a perfectly formed dread right? you may think its the dread before being split in 1/2 right?

its not..its after.. the same dread was palm rolled once.. and the 4 year old wax in them glued it right back together

salons like wax (and not washing) cause they can backcomb wax it all up and send you home belueving they are hardening and statying together cause they are well dreaded

but the oposiyes true the wax prevents the hair from moving rigfht...and knotting

so the backcombed knots u got on day 1 are the only knots u get ..it never actualy dreads ..just stays glued together to look like dreads

once the wax is gone and they are clean..you dont need to do a thing to dread..

nothing but wash and separate

hair wants to dread..its alwaus tried to all its life and u went to salons to prevent dreads

to dread..simply stop preventing them

its free

and that easy

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

updated by @soaring-eagle: 07/22/15 07:45:56AM
YHWHreigns
@yhwhreigns
10 years ago
9 posts
I just texted my loctition to confirm and she said she back combed and palm rolled but does not Crochet. Also she says she uses very light wax and does not use heat.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

no..anything that holds them in place is going to prevent them from dreading.. most likely they wonnt fall out but wikll loosen..unfortunately removing the wax will be the harshest thing on them

like i said the backcomb was a wasted unesacary step.. well not wasted but unesacary.. if anything remains out of it then your ahead of the game

when you wash it creates knorts when you sleep it tightens the knots

its a natural process that is always happening and youd comb and conndition to put a stop to it

as long as you dont do that it will dread

loosening typicaly helps it dread faster

dreads made too tight (like with crochet hooks) are too tigh to move and dread so take way longer

putting a couple loose knots in your hair (or letting a windu day do it for you) is all you need to start the process and it builds from there

see thats the resilt you get from just camping in the woods

if nothings holding the hair back from knotting then knottings what it does

YHWHreigns said:

How do you recommend I keep my locks from coming apart once I get the wax out? Is there something else I can use/do to old them in place?

--

updated by @soaring-eagle: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

oh the gel from the same site as the wax b gones diferent alowing movement with a lil hold and no buildupnb ..but its unesacarty and really made for natyral dreading in hard to dread hair just to help get those 1ast knots started

some use it to tame frizz too but in general its better to ingnore frizz ..but if your going to try anything then thats what id try..tho i think your hair would have dreaded in a huirry if you just tossed the comb in the trash

it tangleds easily and daily didnt it?

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

ok thats good except the wax wuch has to be removed

the thing with wax is...any wax is over waxing but no matter how little you use they will blame you for overwaxing if you have trouble or dont like it

you should see the results of using the recomended ammount or more...

ok well its up to you yopu can try this

soak in apple cider vinager then use very hot water and dawn dish soap to get out all you can and repeat repeat repeat long aafter your sure its all out

or the wax b gone 1 ..2 max treatments should do it..i think uoi could be less agressive that way but its also an expence and i already blew more then u should have (how much were you chrged?)

if you dont want to go thru all that use hiot hot water and dawn and see what a diference it makes

once you get some out it might help yopu decide what to do next

just remember no matter how much better they feel you most likely still got more to remove

its wax..in dreads.. waxz is designed to be hard to wash out..and they rell you to avoid all residues in dreads then sell you a thick residue designed to be hard to remove

crazy huh

YHWHreigns said:

I just texted my loctition to confirm and she said she back combed and palm rolled but does not Crochet. Also she says she uses very light wax and does not use heat.

--

/ 3
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form