Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Hi, new dreads and have lots of questions.

YHWHreigns
@yhwhreigns
10 years ago
9 posts
Here are some pics....
updated by @yhwhreigns: 07/23/15 02:35:16AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

on the toolbar above where u type 2nd buttons for adding photos

ok the wax myst come out

i cant belueve any loctician still uses wax as even though most still do incredible harm most are aware how bad wax is and warn against it...on fact some of the most harmful methods are used as an alternative to wax

www.dreadlockshampoo.com makes wax b gone (as well as amazing shampoos)

if the wax wasnt blow dried in then it might not be nesacary however without wax b gone the agressive scrubbing and near boiling temps needed to get wax out may undo the dreads nearly completely (u never needed to have them backcombed anyway so its ogk if they fall out) however wax b gone is highly effective so with gentle scrubbing should get it out without indoing them much

btw notice that even tho very lil was used i could tell it was used at a glance?)

id recomend washing soon and getting the waxc b gone..alteranatly scrub scryb scrub with dawn sish soap (lots) and the hottest water you can safely stand..over and over and over ..if it wasnt melted in a months scrubbing should get it out (one wax b gone ise should do it.. 2 or 3 if melted in just to be safe)

wax is extremely hard to remove from dreads

and yea ..so glad u found us today..many wax victims here

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

do they feel stiff at all? or hard?

--
YHWHreigns
@yhwhreigns
10 years ago
9 posts
She used a hair dryer after applying wax but it was on cool air not hot air.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

huh? why? that makes no sence

oh no..your hair wasnt wet or damp when she put the wax on was it?

--
YHWHreigns
@yhwhreigns
10 years ago
9 posts
Stiffer than normal hair but I would call it kinda spongy feeling.
YHWHreigns
@yhwhreigns
10 years ago
9 posts
The hair was dry before she applied the wax.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

the only logical reason to blow dry after applying wax is to melt it in (very bad idea and makes the wax mistake way worse, but thats the only logical reason why one would e used after)

i will say tho as far as how they ook u licked out ..if you look through the salon disasters here u will see they could have looked far far worse

once the wax is out they will improve (after getting looser and messier 1st...all part of the process...dreading is not an do it in a day thing..it takes a year to get mature..or longer..and like children they have to go through stages of development...wait till you have wild teens on your hands..

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

well im really confused as to what heer thinking was lol ...going through the motions? i dunno.. but lets hope it didnt melt in while approaching the removal on the assumption it did melt in

worse case is the wax is easier to remove and you didnt need a fill jar of wax b gone ..but sunce the blow dryer was used lets assume it was used to melt it in and so tackle it lil mor e agressuvle with the more effective removal agents one use might be plenty but id suggest 3 to be extra safe ..but can be spaced out over a few weeks to minimize the loosening

i wanna show ya some wax photos 1 min

--
YHWHreigns
@yhwhreigns
10 years ago
9 posts

How do you recommend I keep my locks from coming apart once I get the wax out? Is there something else I can use/do to old them in place?

/ 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form