Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Im freeking out!! help please..

Dariel Martinez
@dariel-martinez
11 years ago
11 posts

Hello everyone.. I was washing my dreads today and realized that I have WAYYYY too much loose hair on the top of my hair.. theres only about 5 dreads where there used to be a bunch.. now its all loose hair..

Unfortunately due to misinformation i got my dreads in a salon using backcombing and crocheting. I know thats bad now. But putting that aside how can i fix my situation?

What do I do? How can i put all this loose hair back into dreads?

I attached couple pics for visual understanding.. :)

Thank you in advance to all the community.

updated by @dariel-martinez: 02/14/15 02:25:48AM
BeauZay
@beauzay
11 years ago
92 posts

Best option, leave it all alone. Just wash, and separate accordingly.. You don't need anything else.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

exactly it will sort itself out in time but how u washing with what

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Ixchel
@ixchel
11 years ago
597 posts

loose hair is perfectly fine, it happens in all methods. over time most of them will take care of themselves & find their place. because you had backcombing & crochet that breaks a lot of hair so you may have extra loose things sticking up because of that, but time will take care of it & they will work into the dread. just wash & separate as needed & they do the rest!

Dariel Martinez
@dariel-martinez
11 years ago
11 posts

So they will start knotting by themselves again? I dont need to T&R or backcomb them? its quiet a lot of loose hair.. I wash with DR. Bronner's Magic Soaps not the bar, but the liquid soap. 2 or 3 times a week in the shower scrubing with my fingers, hope its not too harsh and its the reason they loosen up. I've had my dreads for almost 2 monhts..

And what do you guys mean by separating?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

are you diluting it do u have hard or soft water how are u scrubbing just the scalp?

--
BeauZay
@beauzay
11 years ago
92 posts

I never back combed or tnr'd, and my hair is dreadlocking just fine. I'm 49 weeks in, and happier than ever that I went the all natural route.

ExaltHimx7
@exalthimx7
11 years ago
336 posts

It looks like regular hair in the dreading process now instead of tight, manipulated hair. I'd just leave it and keep it clean, washing every few days and separating when needed. Crochet really gets in the way of hair dreading, the top wants to dread but the ends are stuck where they were put. Just let it be and relax'] God Bless your journey

Dariel Martinez
@dariel-martinez
11 years ago
11 posts

Im not diluting the soap, and I live in Miami so Hard Water. Also i scrub my scalp and wash the dreads, guess to get the soap to really clean everything up. I might be doing it wrong.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

3 strikes

ok bronners needs to be diluted 12 times more water then soap

bronners cant be used in hard water

and u only scrub the scalp

u need www.dreadlockshampoo.com

but while waiting for ut u need nutragena anti residue or suae clarifying..once and only once

then dreadlockshampoo

and when all the bronners oily buildups gone it will dread (if u leave the hair alone while washing only the scalp)

--
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form