Dreadlocks Forums

Lice all along?

Boots Electrick
@boots-electrick
12 years ago
9 posts

that would be wonderful, thank you!

Mons said:

I can post a pick of my previous flakes, roots and follicles that look just like cooties. I can't post in comments from my phone tho....

updated by @boots-electrick: 07/19/15 07:58:12PM
Mirela
@mirela
12 years ago
5 posts
Have you considered that it may just be split ends you are seeing? If its only on the ends of the hairs. That's the first thing that came to my mind
Boots Electrick
@boots-electrick
12 years ago
9 posts

It's not the bottom end, I have split ends anyway but the specks are bigger than that and no a lighter color, just strictly white. due to my hair being dried out from baking soda I definitely have split ends

Rose
@rose
12 years ago
102 posts

Um. well. I didn't read all of your post or any of these comments lol. So maybe this is irrelevant and I don't realize it, but if you had lice you would not be wondering if you had lice. When you have lice, you know. It's awful. I had a big problem with lice in middle school.

Neem and tea tree oil is supposed to prevent against lice (and I think neem kills them), but I'm sure someone has already said that.

Boots Electrick
@boots-electrick
11 years ago
9 posts

THere have actually been many occasion where I had lice and had no clue until a parent or someone noticed me scratching and decided to check. I don't think much of head itches so I can never tell. And the fact that I have dreads and my head is itchy often anyway makes me less prone to have a clue.

Boots Electrick
@boots-electrick
11 years ago
9 posts

I do, indeed, have lice. I found an undeniable nit today at the front of my hair, which is very upsetting that they are up that far into my hair. I have done tree vinegar and alcohol soaks so far, but I don't know if it's helping since I just found a new nit. I've been checking my hair pretty frequently just to assuage my fears but now they're only confirmed. Supposedlt barbosol kills the eggs which I've also tried, but I'm pretty scared none of it is working. I don't have much money at all and I don't think there's anywhere nearby to get neew oil or whatever else I need...

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

that nit nanny stuff that member i told u about sells is a lil expensive but irts so effective its worth it if u let them go too long your in real trouble i read on 1 site a family spent 5 grand on trying to get rid of th4m and nothing was working

i would suggest finding some $ like 100 and get several bottles of the nit nanny stuff talk to her i sent ua link to her profile i think

lice preffer the back but its not like they slowly move foe-rward they will be everywhere just more dence population in the back

they dont preffer beards but they will infest beards..even eyelashes when i had em bad theyd go up my nose in my ears everywhere

you still dont have en m bad u may have em but its not too severe so keep doing what your doing and if it doesnt solve it soon get the nit nanny stuff

it kills em in 10 seconfds flat smells nice is safe abnd non toxic

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
melanie rose
@melanie-rose
11 years ago
177 posts
Lady you need to throw away that crochet hook! Loose hairs are always going to be present, its part of the dread journey. Crocheting your hair will cause breakage and long term damage. Your dreads will never reach their full potential if you keep poking and proding. Good luck and leave your hair be to do its own thing :) you'll be surprised how beautiful it looks
Sarahface
@sarah16
11 years ago
108 posts

That's awful! Good luck, Boots. I hope you can get rid of them soon. :(

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form