Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Interlocking advice and maintainance

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

They will. I interlocked a couple in the very beginning. I didn't know anything about starting locks, either. I had one bad experience with wax, and had to shave my head. After that, all I knew about them was that I didn't want to use wax, but I heard about interlocking and palm rolling, and gave both a try. Interlocking will recover, but you will always have a mild look of braiding where it was done, unless you can undo it, but don't try to if it wasn't done in the last few days/1 week.

updated by @baba-fats: 07/23/15 08:12:35AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

sio yoiu thi8ng]=k the going bald is a cure look?

instalation? its dreadlocks not machinary you dont install dreads yu grow them

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

interlo=cking causes traction akopecia so 100% who interlock are slowly gouing bald

stoop to my level wg[=hile u insult all 10000 members here saying we look like we dont bathe?

you scumbag locticians shame people into thyi9nking they have to maintain

if you dont go to a salon you looklike your homeless

pathetic manipulation out of greed

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Ahil Ganesan
@ahil-ganesan
12 years ago
53 posts
Ignorance ignorance ignorance but I guess I can understand why. I'd compare this to the Dalai Lama's words. He says that Buddhism, a religion that preaches peace and self realisation is "not meant for everyone." this is because everyone has been taught and raised differently and hence turn to different religions because they appeal to different people. Similarly I think that some people are just against the idea of natural dreads because they just want the hair and not the lifestyle. I hope I established my point and that we can sort this shiznit out. P.S I feel insulted by that comment Katrina, respect our opinion... Jeez
Mons
@mons
12 years ago
518 posts
I'm wondering how washing my dreads then leaving them alone is making me go bald?Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. In this community we try to promote and encourage the healthiest dreads possible. Ways to grow dreads with minimal interference, no methods that will break hair, damage the hair shaft or cause pain. If you look the the pics there are many many many people with mature dreads that look maintained but are in fact not. They're natural and they look good. Yes there is a very messy period, but that is outgrown. We feel that dreads should be grown, not made.That's us. People come here looking for guidance and ideas, love and respect.
Mons
@mons
12 years ago
518 posts
I'm also kind of curious as to what kind of maintenance natural dreads require?
Valérie
@valrie
12 years ago
539 posts

What products are you using (ie. Shampoo's) and how are you washing/drying your hair?

Mons said:

I'm wondering how washing my dreads then leaving them alone is making me go bald?

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. In this community we try to promote and encourage the healthiest dreads possible. Ways to grow dreads with minimal interference, no methods that will break hair, damage the hair shaft or cause pain. If you look the the pics there are many many many people with mature dreads that look maintained but are in fact not. They're natural and they look good. Yes there is a very messy period, but that is outgrown. We feel that dreads should be grown, not made.

That's us. People come here looking for guidance and ideas, love and respect.
Joey5
@joey5
12 years ago
83 posts
Reads like Katrina is just a troll trying to get everyone worked up. And did...
Joey5
@joey5
12 years ago
83 posts
When I started my research as to how to dread I added many "lockticians" on my Facebook. The day I t&r'd and uploaded a photo I was immediately harassed by them telling me how my hair looks horrible, how they can "fix" it, and that my locks would have looked way better if I had done it with them. I tried to teach them but, don't know if by ignorance or greed, they wouldn't stop harassing. So I deleted them all. I thank you guys all cause you are my inspiration and at this sloppy stage you guys always lift me up with awesome words. Also you don't want to rob Me. ;)
Mons
@mons
12 years ago
518 posts
Valerie, I was referring to that persons comment about every single type If dread maintenance would cause baldness. I'm not going bald myself.

/ 3
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form