Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Breakage

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

good luck. When I used wax, I was told not to wash my hair for 2 months. So I didn't. I put a little wax on each lock twice a week during that time. When it was time to was, more than half my hair fell out. Just the force of the water rinsing through it was enough to pull it out. I had to shave my head completely and start from scratch

I've never heard of that happening before, and still haven't heard of it since. Good luck to you. I;m glad you got most of it out

updated by @baba-fats: 07/23/15 06:28:57PM
Panda Monium
@panda-monium
12 years ago
11 posts

That is horrific :( So sorry you had to go through that . I havnt put that much in my hair thankfully, and I wash it often , so maybe I'll be okays. Still that is an awful thing to happen to you :(

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

I'd rather that have happened to me so I could just start over from bald. That way I could go as natural as I could. That said, I grew my hair out for 2 years before I decided it was time to lock up, and 5 years after that and little help from tnr and I couldn't be happier with them

Panda Monium
@panda-monium
12 years ago
11 posts

Glad it all worked out for you then , In the long run :)

elke.in.alaska
@elkeinalaska
12 years ago
90 posts
Good lord baba! What'd that do to your skin?
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

As far as I could tell, nothing. My hair, the best way I can explain it, "melted" off my head. There didn't seem to be any damage to my scalp. No sores. No rash. Nothing. Just no hair

More fell out of the right side of my head than the left, though. It probably explains why I have more and thicker locks on my left side, though. But it's not like you can tell from looking. I can just tell cause I know my own head

elke.in.alaska
@elkeinalaska
12 years ago
90 posts
Baba that's so bizarre :-/

Panda, you didn't say in your original question that you had extensions and that's where they broke. That makes sense, it wouldn't even really be crochet damage if it's a join. Theoretically anyway. Anyhoooo... Idk much about vegetable dyes. If they use peroxide then they are damaging. But maybe less so. I'd have to do some research. I like the look of your hair color in your ginger bun picture :)
Panda Monium
@panda-monium
12 years ago
11 posts

It's all yellowy now , Im trying using an all natural toner to make it less yellow. And no the vegetable dyes I use don't use peroxide and dont have any lightening effect on the hair. I crocheted the extensions on ysee thats why I think they were damaged there.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

just take off the extentions stop dtying let em recover

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form