Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Dry Dreads

Kyle Nutter
@kyle-nutter
13 years ago
10 posts

So, if I should stop using wax and the crochet hook, how should I keep my dreads looking neat?

updated by @kyle-nutter: 07/22/15 11:17:29AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

by letting them dread leave em alone they will take care of themselves but it will go tho]rough a messy recovery period as all the hairs u broke pop ourt so dont even try to keep them oooking neat ket them go wild till they mature naturally but its not enough to stiop using wax u need to sp;end months agressivlty removing the wax u used wax can survive years of washings so it takes extreme effort over long periods to get it i]out

crochet causes they m to get messy in a hirry by breaking tons of hairs u become a slave to fixing every hair..that u caused

just leave em alone

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

ok i want to ask you whats so "neat and tidy" about having this gross mess inside your dra=eads causing mold

click them for a shockimg full size version

these dreads were waxed far less then suggested only for a couple weeks then washesd for 4 years even boiled to try to remove the wax

after 4 years they were not dreaded only glued together easily pulled apart with fingers

now heres the shocking part

after being disected ripped into 2 parts'

this next picture is AFTER THEY WERE PUKLLED APART a quick palm ri]oll with 4 year old hardened wax and they glued right back togeher to look like a perfect dread..a dread that never dreaded

thats all wax does is makes them look like dreads while preventing actrual dreading

and it cay=uses them to be stiff sticky gross and moldy

--

updated by @soaring-eagle: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
Austin Potter
@austin-potter
13 years ago
54 posts

Thats some crazy pictures! Let me tell you i started with hook and wax and im almost 3 months in but i stopped everything after the first month and im extremley active. wax is gross, i sweat a lot and i wear a football helmet but my dreads still look fine. Loose hairs? haha thats what you get when you want dreads. theres no way to not have it unless your years into your journey and you will still have them. read the Dreadeducation at the top it has everything you need to know! who cares what you look like anyway. lol hah

Kyle Nutter
@kyle-nutter
13 years ago
10 posts

hmmm this is very interesting, I do have a friend who has used wax on his dreads only about once a month, he crocheted his dreads, and he has them for three years. When he cut them off they didn't look like this at all, they were actually healthily dreaded together. I don't want to mess up my dreads, but how do you explain this. Also, I only plan on having my dreads for 5ish years, do I still have to worry about wax?

p.s. Hey, soaring eagle. this is completely unrelated, but why do your posts always have so many grammatical errors?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

i dont sleep so my brains always blurry plus i type very very fast with 1 finger

but its mostly sleep deprivation

and how were thety cut if u cut across them u wont see the wax unless u cut up the center exposing whats inside

and if u want to keep them 1 year u got to worry about the wax

wax is pure evil and must come out

some ppl have had dreads survive 5 even 10 years with wax in them but very very few and imagine ghow much dirt and crap was caught in them

--
Kyle Nutter
@kyle-nutter
13 years ago
10 posts

ohhh alright. Thank you very much, and get some sleep man haha

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

read the dreaducation dread wax truth and dread wax removal pages

--
Torie Shea
@torie-shea
13 years ago
52 posts
Okay...I know what you are saying kind of. The first set of "dreads" I tried...well I twist and ripped them in, and never washed them and never wanted to get them wet because they would unravel...those weren't dreads. I would say go natural-honestly. They come eventually and you will be so happy with them...because they will do what they want and turn out awesome without hotline having to do any maintenance at all.

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form