Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

loctician salon dreads bad ideas

stacey
@stacey
13 years ago
16 posts

Yes. Ill get some pictures so share my trauma with everyone. HA Hopefully to save the lives of other people's young dreads! :)

OK..I think Im going to wait until Saturday morning to wash, scrub, rinse, repeat...so I have all day to spend on my hair. So before I start...Ill take some pics and Ill take more along the way!

Im going to spend time between now and Saturday...reading everything i can read on this website!

Thanks so much and Ill be in touch, for sure!!!!

<3

updated by @stacey: 07/23/15 06:27:07PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

i moved this again cause its not a maintenance issue as much as its a salvage issue so put it in help save my dreads

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
stacey
@stacey
13 years ago
16 posts
ok :) rubberbands coming out! YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Thanks so much!!!!
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

id be making such a good living fixing the issues caused by locticians and products if i made just 1% of the money ppl waste on locticians and products like wax

it stuns me that ppl waste so much for such bad advise and results

i would definately try to get your money back cause they will never learn better till it affects their incomes

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

start with dreaducation and dread wax truth

thenthe faqs and theres dozens of guides thousands and thousands of forum posts

stacey said:

Yes. Ill get some pictures so share my trauma with everyone. HA Hopefully to save the lives of other people's young dreads! :)

OK..I think Im going to wait until Saturday morning to wash, scrub, rinse, repeat...so I have all day to spend on my hair. So before I start...Ill take some pics and Ill take more along the way!

Im going to spend time between now and Saturday...reading everything i can read on this website!

Thanks so much and Ill be in touch, for sure!!!!

<3

--
Heather Gamble
@heather-gamble
13 years ago
145 posts
Oh my god! I am sooooooo sorry for what has happened ..and murrys hair dressing isn't wax it's hair grease it really isn't something any Caucasian person would need on their hair it may have a small amount of wax but it's mostly petroleum and oil so it'll be easier to get out...and yea let that grow out and try to unloop the roots or they may never dread tog u may have a big gap hopefully you'll be able to get that undone...I'm assuming the person u went to was African American or it was an african American salon cause that stuff doesn't work on caucasian hair. If they didn't know what to do with your hair type they should have just sent you on your way ugh that's just awful
stacey
@stacey
13 years ago
16 posts

Today is a very busy day, but I wanted to get a start on getting this "stuff" out of my hair so I washed it with just a touch of dawn. A LOT of gunk came out, but there is a lot still in. Tomorrow, when my day is free...I hope to make a lot more progress in the removal process. Im really looking forward to my hair feeling light and free again!

After I do a good scrub, I plan to follow the baking soda/ACV wash and just let it go!

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

good good bet they already feel better huh

--
stacey
@stacey
13 years ago
16 posts

better, yes. really good...not yet! still pretty gunky. but i have a picnic to attend (leaving now) for the afternoon so i thought id let them dry out nicely in the sun. tomorrow...ill get to scrubbing.

they are so loose now :( i feel like i wasted the last 11 weeks when i could have made REAL progress. oh well, such is life. we live and learn! :)

ill let you know how the scrubbing goes tomorrow!

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

they will come really loose as u remove the gunk but that will give em the chance to actualy move nd dread and when its out u probly will see more progress in the 1st frew weeks then u did ibn all that time the loosenings a good thing at this point

plus the scrubbing out of gunks bund to loosen em alot cause its hard t o get out so u have tko go at it agressivle

afew dips in the ocean or sea salt soaks and you'll be doing good again

or..i guess i mean finaly

--

/ 4

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form