Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

1 year and still no dreads

Jeannie Pitt
@jeannie-pitt
13 years ago
23 posts
Heather,Thanks for jumping in and helping me to feel like I'm not completely alone...Yeah my beads fall out too! I thought about what might have been a better way to tackle this, too, but I remember when perms were popular, I used to try them all the time. Those always fell out almost immediately too. Didn't matter how much I spent at a salon for a perm, my hair even resists chemicals.Good luck to you as well. Your hair looks great in the pic! :) Thanks for sharing your experience with me.
updated by @jeannie-pitt: 07/19/15 03:27:21AM
Heather
@heather
13 years ago
1,291 posts
my profile pic was the day i backcombed them in september. i ultimately ended up removing that set because the sectioning was terrible. so i decided to go natural. i thought my wavy hair would lock up quick but that hasn't happened. i know how you feel because i see all these people on here with 4-5 month dreadies and mine look nothing like theirs. it frustrating but i guess we all have different hair and so we all will have different outcomes on our journey. i still have hope that one day my hair will cooperate and knot. what i need to do is stop looking at everyone's timeline pics because it just makes me depressed. check out my other pics on my page to see what my hair looks like now.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

i hafta agree wit naturalwoman the only 1;'s wotking are the ones youir not touching the resrt well id twist and rip not backcomb then forse on a bead toll it wont budge and leave em alone a good long tume

rnr will hold together better then backcomb and a bead will make sure they hold together

then do dsea salt b4 every wash till theyre dreading up good

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
NaturalWomyn
@naturalwomyn
13 years ago
849 posts
I wasn't trying to be rude I just wanted to be very clear about making sure I understand what's going on. You're definitely not alone, we have lots of people here who started their dreads with backcombing that didn't stay and their hair eventually dreaded. If I am not understanding something you're saying please let me know. Sometimes reading written text can be more difficult then a conversation in person would be.
Jessica7
@jessica7
12 years ago
4 posts

twist and rip! do it! use a homemade locking acelarator after that. do twist and rip!

/ 5
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form