Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Trying to diagnose traction alopecia

HEELMitchell
@heelmitchell
6 years ago
1 posts

As the title says, I was looking to see if my particular problem was due to traction alopecia and if you guys got any tips on how to fix it. Thanks!

image.jpg
image.jpg  •  1.7MB

updated by @heelmitchell: 05/26/18 03:21:56AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
6 years ago
29,640 posts

sure looks like it

1 stop  any form of maintenance (retwisting interlocking)

2 wash a bit more often then you are now (weekly is a good minimum)

3 massage the scalp deeply every day, several minutes a least. massage it like your kneeding dough, like your trying to loosen the scalp from the skull. in fact it should feel looser after

4 biotin is a vitamin, either take it internally(10,000-15,000 mcg a day) or a biotin infused shampoo

5 stop using any gels 

what are you currently washing with?

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
6 years ago
29,640 posts

also tell us what you have been doing for maintenance

stopping what your doing to cause it ofcourse is mot important

finally, i'll have our best expert check in on this later today

your issue is moderately severe. we have seen worse recover.. but all hairs different.. can't make any guarantees. but i believe you will recover 

it will take some time though

how do you typically wear them?

--
Bazooka Guru
@bazooka-guru
6 years ago
204 posts
You're in the right place for help bruh! These guys know their shit. They'll have you fixed up in no time.😊
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
6 years ago
29,640 posts

well we will do our best and yes this sites your best hope.. but "in no time' is a bit much to expect. it can take awhile.

i think.. i hope.. it will be a full recovery.. but how long a full recovery takes is anyones  guess.

we can place bets (id say 6-8 months) but it could be 4 or 14 or 24

the better you care for health of hair and scalp the better the chances are

--
Panterra Caraway
@panterra-caraway
6 years ago
667 posts

Hello! So, I have to agree with Soaring Eagle. You need to stop any and all "maintenance". Please, no crochet, twisting, palm rolling...nothing that puts more tension on your scalp. Secondly, you need to be shampooing a minimum of once a week, if possible, twice weekly. Deep scalp massage should be your new best friend. Apply a small amount of coconut oil to your hands and begin to massage your scalp. Concentrate your efforts on the areas where you have the most loss, but make sure to involve the whole scalp...leave no area out. You want to massage with a firm pressure. Use the pads of your fingers, not the nails. Massage as if you were kneading dough. What you are trying to accomplish is increased blood flow and a looser, more pliable scalp. Do this massage as much as you can...ideally, at least three times a week. This massage should only take about 5 minutes. You can start with just three minutes if the scalp feels very tight. When you finish, you should feel a bit of tingling or warmth. This is normal and a great thing! Make sure that during the massage you are not forcing the scalp or being rough. The massage should be slow and even. Besides the massage, I would also recommend a combination of essential oils, to be applied after you shampoo. You want about an once of pure Castor oil with about 4 drops of Ginger essential oil and 4 drops of Rosemary essential oil. Apply it to areas of loss and rub it in well, you only need a very small amount...but be consistent. These remedies only work with consistent effort. I also suggest a Biotin supplement, as mentioned. Any others questions...happy to help! ;)

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
6 years ago
29,640 posts

shes our expert so .. follow her advice and you'll have the best recovery possible

--
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form