cool

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
btw990
@btw990
7 years ago
62 posts
Just a little update.

Combed out four of my shorter nubby guys last night and washed my hair to rinse out the conditioner. Before I even got out it was already knotting together again, and after waking up I have a nice clump of knots, but in a much more reasonably proportionate section. Already loving the natural!
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
7 years ago
29,640 posts

so you wont need to "restart' them just comb them out and give them a few days to get with the program and start to dread again

--
btw990
@btw990
7 years ago
62 posts
Yeah, I think having had this set made me get over the whole appearance factor as a way to keep my hair neat. I'm much more thrilled now about getting to experience the spiritual aspect of it.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
7 years ago
29,640 posts

they will turn out much better too

--
btw990
@btw990
7 years ago
62 posts
So far now I've gotten 10 combed out and I can already see a huge difference in the way the hair locks, aside from one way being natural and the other way being manipulated. I've got 4 dreads forming already, one of which is already a nice big clump of knots in about a 1/2 inch section. It's totally different from the manipulated dreads, like for some reason I thought it would begin to knot closer to the roots rather than the ends. It's weird compared to what I'm used to but I'm very happy I chose to go this route. I also found a little bit of dark gunky crap in one earlier, not sure if it was wax or mold but I'm glad to be getting off to a fresh healthy start. Once I finish getting the other 25 or so out I'm gonna just make a new thread in the Timeline forum.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
7 years ago
29,640 posts

awesome well can't wait to see how the fresh start goes

--
btw990
@btw990
7 years ago
62 posts
6 left. Thank God!!! My neck and non-combing hand have been killing me!
btw990
@btw990
7 years ago
62 posts
Finally done and so relieved! It feels great to be starting fresh with healthy hair. Some of the crap that came out in the process was pretty gross, back from when I was landscaping and had wax in it. Never again...

So I used a detangling comb mostly and a regular fine-toothed plastic comb for the skinnier ones. After every one was combed out, jumped in the shower, covered it all in conditioner and went over it lightly a few times with a detangling brush for good measure, as well as get any remaining hairs that shed, then rinsed it all out and washed. The first picture is how my hair looked fresh out the shower, I'm shocked at how well it retained my curls considering some of the hell I've put it through. When I make my Timeline post I'll show it dry so that you can really see the texture of it.

So as far as separating now, as I said some areas have already formed knots at the ends, and one on the back has a nice chunk (like a flat ball, don't know if that'll become a blunted end eventually). Most of it hasn't sectioned itself yet though. I'm guessing I should just focus on what's forming right now with separating, and just wait for others to become more defined till I do anything else? I want to do this right, but I also want to have semi-thick dreads like what I had, without having to manipulate much. I believe I understand the physics of how they form naturally now, but I just want your input to confirm it.

Also, the second pic is my cowlick, as it is called apparently lol. Perhaps there was a little thinning due to those ridiculous parts on top, but from what I recall before I had my first set that was pretty much what it looked like (the hair is damp in the pic so I don't think it's as obvious when it's dry all poofed out). I'm pretty certain that if I don't do something in that area, I'm going to have the same problem I had previously. What would you suggest I do to keep that from happening?
20171028_022141.jpg
20171028_022141.jpg  •  2.7MB

20171028_014411.jpg
20171028_014411.jpg  •  3.1MB

/ 4

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form