Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Need advice on how to add more dreads to my existing dreadlocks. I have 35 thin ones and want 45-50 more if possible

DiDiLicious
@didifreeman
7 years ago
8 posts

Need advice on how to add more dreads to my existing dreadlocks. I have 35 thin ones and want 45-50 more if possible. Is it possible to add human hair dreadlocks to the roots somehow without having the new ones grow into the existing ones down the road?

Craving more numbers on my noggen !

Any advice is greatly appreciated <3

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
7 years ago
29,640 posts

as you separate new dreads will form the numbers will change all the time

how were they started?

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
DiDiLicious
@didifreeman
7 years ago
8 posts

I am pretty new to all this...are you able to expand further on that please? 

They were formed with backcombing, rip and twist and crochet

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
7 years ago
29,640 posts

oh

you crocheted! crochet is extremely bad for dreads and makes them extra thin  because it makes them way too tight (and severely damaged)

unfortunately crochet recovery can take a rather long time! they will thicken up to probably 3 times the size they are now but that can take years

however if you just leave them alone  they will thicken and new dreads will appear all the time

you keep them from growing together by separating them(pull them apart after washing)  when you pull them apart  you get loose hairs between dreads that forms new dreads.

whatever hairs there that you'd be able to attach dreads to will just become dreads

but since you crocheted and likely maintained the roots theres just nothing there to attach anything to.

all the hairs that would become new dreads were forced into existing dreads.

since theres nothing to attach them to other then to the roots of existing dreads they would already be combined into thicker dreads

so i would just toss that hook in the trash and  give them tome to recover and new  baby dreads will appear over time

--
DiDiLicious
@didifreeman
7 years ago
8 posts

I know you hate crocheting...but it was so addicting for the first 4 months. I have currently stopped crocheting for about a month now :P No more I promise :P

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
7 years ago
29,640 posts

DiDiLicious "]

I am pretty new to all this...are you able to expand further on :gr_56 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_disable_anim_appear Punctuation only-ins replaceWithoutSep" id="56" data-gr-id="56">that please? 

They were formed with backcombing, rip and twist and crochet

yes

i started out with about 75 most real thin 1 or 2 thick

over the years that  became closer to 200 (kept losing count)

when you separate you get loose hairs between dreads that become new dreads. they can either grow into existing dreads and be absorbed or kept separate

you can later let them combine and thicken as i stopped separating almost completely years ago i am likely back down to 50 or 40 even ..who knows maybe less

hard to say since new dreads pop up every few weeks

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
7 years ago
29,640 posts

yea took a closer look at the  photo from the back you see how much bigger the sections are then the dreads? if you didn't crochet  the dreads would be about the section size once mature

--
DiDiLicious
@didifreeman
7 years ago
8 posts

ahhh okay rad.... i will try and be patient then! Thanks so much!  Happy

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
7 years ago
29,640 posts

DiDiLicious "]

I know you hate crocheting...but it was so addicting for the first 4 months. I have currently stopped crocheting for about a month now :P No more I :gr_125 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_disable_anim_appear Style multiReplace" id="125" data-gr-id="125">promise :P

good and yea i have seen people get extremely addicted to it to the point of having to run their dreads through a sewing machine to sew the back together

hope you didn't over do it too much

but you can see how much space there is between dreads   those dreads will eventually thicken and new ones fill in the gaps

--
DiDiLicious
@didifreeman
7 years ago
8 posts

ANNND the girl who did it...interlooped the roots at the end of the session without me noticing....i asked her after and she said she just did it once and that was to lay them flat....would that mess them up later on? I've noticed one area on each dread that is a bunch more thinned out than the rest.

/ 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form