Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Need advice on how to add more dreads to my existing dreadlocks. I have 35 thin ones and want 45-50 more if possible

DiDiLicious
@didifreeman
7 years ago
8 posts

Alsoi will be adding human hair extensions in the next few weeks...craving length....would you suggest to just sew and palm roll them on? I was considering using a crochet hook and some thread if needed. 

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
7 years ago
29,640 posts

yea hat was a terrible thing to do and nothing can be done about that after  like only the 1t couple days.

it can mess them up, its not guaranteed to. you see not only is that light there and thin but its at least 35% weaker, without the elasticity  or shock absorption at that point.. so if its going to break from a hard yank it will be at that snap point

in general the risk isn't that high from having it done once  u might also get gaps holes lil weird crinkles (not like from looping) if you look t some of the recent posts about interlocking you will see some of the common  weirdness it can cause.

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
DiDiLicious
@didifreeman
7 years ago
8 posts

Thankfully have not seen any weird holes! 

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
7 years ago
29,640 posts

most people who extend them feel a disconnection from the extensions  and cut them off so i wouldn't bother doing it at all

the safest way will require time for them to mend together  and that is to have 2-3 inches loose at each end  that are going to meet  then just overlap the loose hairs with the dreaded hairs till the dreaded parts meet then wrap in hemp like a cast till they  dread together.  it wont be instantly strongly attached though

but if you wrap several inches  it will hold together till they merge

but again you might want to read up on peoples experiences wit extensions

only a small number were really happy with their decision to  extend them

--
DiDiLicious
@didifreeman
7 years ago
8 posts

Hemp is a great idea! I know I will be happy with the length for sure....for about 6 or so years i had synth and wool dreads that were super long and i just hate having short hair. But I appreciate all your advice! Thank you so much! <3

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
7 years ago
29,640 posts

they get long quicker then you think if you just stop paying attention to time

--
3_little_birds2316
@carolbrennan
7 years ago
60 posts

As your dreads mature you will see loose hair or new growth that will begin to form new baby dreads all over your head.  But if you continue to crochet you will definitely not as it is swept into the older dreads.  Your dreads will also thicken up as they are able to grow and contract and take on their own life.  

My husband is at 2.5 years and he has a whole bunck of new dreadies forming!  Probably about 20 so I think with time you will get your numbers higher.  I have about 52 dreads right now but that number changes frequently depending on congoing and new growth. 

--
Livin' wild and free in NC

Follow my dreadlock journey on instagram: @3_little_birds2316
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
7 years ago
29,640 posts

exactly carol

you should  have your husband post his dreads too (or is he already on here?)

--
3_little_birds2316
@carolbrennan
7 years ago
60 posts

I am not sure if he had an account or not... he read your site religiously after he started his dreads.  I will get a picture of him and his dreads on my profile sometime soon.  

--
Livin' wild and free in NC

Follow my dreadlock journey on instagram: @3_little_birds2316
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
7 years ago
29,640 posts

:) well then i bet he has amazing dreads by now :)

--

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form