Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Nature and dreadlocks

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
your acting childishim just satying statisticly backcombed dreads dont last..thats a fact..u had em how long? and yet your so sure you'll have em forever?very doubtful..jared..up till exactly 10 years ago when those sites appeared all dreads were natural..with a few minor exceptions..punks who used toothpaste or worse to sticky up theyre hair..but virtualy all dreads were natural..nobody evcer even heard of backcombing or "methods";dreads were simply dreads then thhe result of not combing..that was all..no websites needed..just common sence..dont comb, dreads happen pure n simplenow we got complexitysquare section, backcomb quickly (with videos needed to do it right) roll rub roll twist rub tips rub roots add dirt (peppa) glue (wax) slime (butta) repeat rub more roll more then poke holes ..crochet sew felt interlock....before your even done the complex insrtuctions you cut em off and start over...

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

updated by @soaring-eagle: 07/13/15 07:54:49PM
lolf
@lolf
14 years ago
8 posts
But what im trying to say here is....blahLmao ok.Can i say this? I look at my dreads as a CROSS between natural and...backcombed? stay with me here SE.I mean, i started out backcombing, but i do NOT crotchet, root rub, palm roll. I do not even touch them anymore. Theres nothing i can do about backcombing, and theres nothing i really want to do about it even if i could.Like i said, Im reaching a year now and have been doing a lot of neglect and im loving how they look...a more natural look. But im neutral on the backcombing, because i really dont care that i did it. soaringeagle said:
your acting childish
im just satying statisticly backcombed dreads dont last..thats a fact..u had em how long? and yet your so sure you'll have em forever? very doubtful..jared..up till exactly 10 years ago when those sites appeared all dreads were natural..with a few minor exceptions..punks who used toothpaste or worse to sticky up theyre hair..but virtualy all dreads were natural..nobody evcer even heard of backcombing or "methods";dreads were simply dreads then thhe result of not combing..that was all..no websites needed..just common sence..dont comb, dreads happen pure n simplenow we got complexitysquare section, backcomb quickly (with videos needed to do it right) roll rub roll twist rub tips rub roots add dirt (peppa) glue (wax) slime (butta) repeat rub more roll more then poke holes ..crochet sew felt interlock....before your even done the complex insrtuctions you cut em off and start over...
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
sigh..why do i even gotta respondintollerence? ha.. its called being truthful..i tolerate alot but should i go on passing on the lies that lead people to those metods?how can we help people make better choices if we dont provide true infochildishness is going waaa waaa waa defending a lie just because you fell for the liethen attacking the one who told you its a lieyou are acting very childish just read what you wrote..how u attack simply because most dont agree wit u..oh and your childishness began before i posted because people ..like apolo said thheyt regret backcombing..thats when u began your temper tantrum

--
lolf
@lolf
14 years ago
8 posts
"childishness is going waaa waaa waa defending a lie just because you fell for the liethen attacking the one who told you its a lie"Thats the point i was trying to make...Man, finally i can sum it up into words!Here goes nothing....I/WE DIDNT FALL FOR A LIE. YOU say it's a lie, so here we go with the personal opinion again. The lies to ME would be the PRODUCTS...the P-R-O-D-U-C-T-S. Not the method! How is backcombing a lie...do i not have dreadlocks? I will completely agree with you on how some of mine are obviously not natural because of use of minimal wax. Again, product...not method. soaringeagle said:
sigh..why do i even gotta respond
intollerence? ha.. its called being truthful..i tolerate alot but should i go on passing on the lies that lead people to those metods? how can we help people make better choices if we dont provide true infochildishness is going waaa waaa waa defending a lie just because you fell for the liethen attacking the one who told you its a lieyou are acting very childish just read what you wrote..how u attack simply because most dont agree wit u..oh and your childishness began before i posted because people ..like apolo said thheyt regret backcombing..thats when u began your temper tantrum
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
must be pms then i guess cause ya been nothing but bitchy & whiny from your 1st post here..as if his regretting backcombing really hurt your pride or something..grow up..so he regrets it..how exactly does that hurt you unless u regret it toowhy are you even posting herethe topics got u so upset u post over and over ..u cant leave it alone can you..thats a tantrum..thats being obssessively consumed by the topic..shows a deep seatted regret you cant even face yourself..why dont you just drop it before u get too upset..geez

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
this is fine..i dont care you backcombed either...but hes actuing like how dare anyone ever regret backcombing..lots and lots of people regret it ..hes acting like a child whos hurt by SOMEONE ELSES REGRET thats only possible if hes trying hard to hide his own regret. Jared Smith said:
But what im trying to say here is....blah

Lmao ok.

Can i say this? I look at my dreads as a CROSS between natural and...backcombed? stay with me here SE.

I mean, i started out backcombing, but i do NOT crotchet, root rub, palm roll. I do not even touch them anymore. Theres nothing i can do about backcombing, and theres nothing i really want to do about it even if i could.

Like i said, Im reaching a year now and have been doing a lot of neglect and im loving how they look...a more natural look. But im neutral on the backcombing, because i really dont care that i did it.

soaringeagle said:
your acting childish
im just satying statisticly backcombed dreads dont last..thats a fact..u had em how long? and yet your so sure you'll have em forever? very doubtful..
jared..up till exactly 10 years ago when those sites appeared all dreads were natural..with a few minor exceptions..punks who used toothpaste or worse to sticky up theyre hair..
but virtualy all dreads were natural..nobody evcer even heard of backcombing or "methods";
dreads were simply dreads then thhe result of not combing..that was all..no websites needed..just common sence..
dont comb, dreads happen pure n simple
now we got complexity
square section, backcomb quickly (with videos needed to do it right) roll rub roll twist rub tips rub roots add dirt (peppa) glue (wax) slime (butta) repeat rub more roll more then poke holes ..crochet sew felt interlock....before your even done the complex insrtuctions you cut em off and start over...

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
your last post is the definition of childish..good job nobody you need to know said:
lol...the guy who was begging everyone for money, setting a deadline, etc calling me childish? you can't even handle your own shit man....And you talk about how i've replied so much? look who else is, yourself. My pride isnt hurt when i see some dumb high school kid being dumb, I just dont like being in company with sheep...this is REALLY my last post.

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
closing temporarily will reopen in a day or 2 when people start behavingsorry appolo i know u meant well with this

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
reopened in record time cause he asked to be bannednow maybe this can go on more constructively

--
Apollo
@apollo
14 years ago
80 posts
What alive said was complete bullshit im going to be honest here.. Im not making myself look like a child,i just hate when someone says stuff about me which is not true..not even knowing me Iain said:
I pretty much have to agree with Alive all the way on this one,
and backcombing as a method has a place in dreadlocks, even tho I started mine that way (and now prefer T&R as a method)

other than that, which reason apollo do you regret backcombing?
because you were robbed of the natural experience?
the damage?
or the popular methods pushed by online information out there?

other than that lol no need to get so defensive, you make yourself look like a child by reacting so.
especially when you can tell Alive wasn't judging, merely stating an observation where at which point all you had to do was reply accordingly.

also Other than that realize backcombing still is a solution to those unable to go through the initial natural period where your hair looks messy to some,
(Not saying this was my case I simply just didn't know enough about locks at the time and it seemed like according to the bad info out there backcombing was THE way to start them and I woulda thought at first that natural dreadlocks didn't always form right which I now know to be untrue)
What I do mean by this is not everyone has to be robbed of the experience with backcombed locks, I myself don't see cutting/conditioning them to start over, not when I've still become overjoyed with how it's gone so far. But If I had known a year ago I woulda started them differently.
Next time I see someone who asks me about starting locks I'll make sure they understand that first, if they still wanna backcomb, then that's totally cool and acceptable to me,

anyway man, what a night I needa pass out now !!!!!!!!!!1111

/ 5

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form