Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

anyone with a fast connection wanna help the site out?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
when i moved i had to leave my desktop and its fast connection behindnow i have a laptop but the connections real slow.google uses a sitemap which lists all pages in a site as a guide to help it find every page.when i last ran it on my desktop it tiook between 6 and 7 hours to spider the 52,000 pages we had then.tonights the 1st time i'll sucessfully update it since nov 5thand its taken days... 3 or 4 i firget..on a fast connection it will still take a number of hours.. the sites grown so much its probably going to be over 80,000 by the time it finnishes running.what i need is someone with a fast connection that can install the software and run it at least weekly (i was doing it daily before)the more often its updated the fresher google listings will be.the softwars not big dont lag your system or net connection reallyit can be set to auto run without opening the software even, but you may need to look in task scheduler occassionaly to make sure its not failing.configuring it for the sites easy and i can give full detailed instructionsthe larger the site gets the longer it will take to run so would help to be on a computer thats usualy left runningi can keep doing it but since it takes several days theres always the possibility of disconnects or other probs that will cause a few days work to be lost.the site will be above 100,000 pages soon we are officialy a large site and growing fast..

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

updated by @soaring-eagle: 01/19/15 11:19:07PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
ok guys i really need help with this..ive only gotten it to run once in 2 monthsmy connection keeps dropping or get ip errors or it just dont work and i gotta reboot before its 1/2 donecan anyone help out?

--
Emily
@emily
14 years ago
203 posts
hey se, i can probably do it on my desktop if you tell me how. im not very good with computers tho lol, but id love to help out!
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
rdub offered too so did swoop but havin lil trouble wot it (too many instalatuions) so i gotta contact em and see bout an exception

--
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form