Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

My hair has balls

Angel Frye
@angel-frye
12 years ago
409 posts

Not cahones. I mean BALLS! You know, like those tumbleweeds you see out West? Yeah. Those. My hair has started shedding these gnarly tumbleweeds and I don't even notice them usually until I feel one creeping down my back in my shirt. Of course then I dig the sucker out because it itches and... then I'm freaked out.

What's up with these tumbleweeds falling out of my hair?! I've caught a few dangling off the tips of a lock and left them alone hoping they'd wind their way up but no luck. They fall off. And thankfully they don't breed because my cats love finding things in the carpet to eat and then my hairballs would give THEM hairballs and I really don't like cleaning that stuff up, it's nasty. Cat drool and all that. yuck.

All the hairs are intact. There's a tightly compacted knotted core and then fly-away hairs jutting out from the center and all around.

updated by @angel-frye: 01/13/15 09:20:28PM
Tara C
@tara-c
12 years ago
644 posts

If they're at the ends, then maybe it's just that they've broken off from the few hairs holding them in place? I mean, it's pretty easy to catch the ends of your dreads in...just about anything.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

ok i read your page and think i know whats up

your not combing but giot tight curls haup[ir sheds and the tight v=curls np--may have held em d=so they didnt fall out but slid down tangling in the ends barely held in?

its a guess but seems logical

its ok to let em stay if they stay or fall oyut if they fall out

it seel[ms like just shed hair thats getting tangled and then fallingout

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Angel Frye
@angel-frye
12 years ago
409 posts

Ah. Yes. SE, I think you may be correct. Upside down hairs galore in my hair already at 3 months.. wait - holy crap- as of the 9th of March i'll be at 4 months YAY!!! Anyway, yes, my gnarly curly hairs may be hooking around one another as they fall and migrate in a southernly direction.

Maybe if I got a crochet hook and locked the 'weeds' back in.... KIDDING! I only crochet with yarn.

I've got about 20 quickly maturing locks at this point. Fast, I know. Crazy.

I knew to expect the itchies as my scalp acclimated to a new shampoo routine. I knew that I'd have to smack my fingers to keep them out of my hair. But I never in a million years expected to have to add "sporadic tumbleweed storms" to my weather forecast!

Tara, last week I woke up yelping in pain because I'd gotten my own fingers tangled in my hair so badly in my sleep and jerked quickly that I nearly ripped a lock right out of mys scalp. Tear came to my eyes, I tell ya. Whooooo man. Shit, I don't need anyTHING for them to caught on- I am my own worst enemy.

Dreadlocks are great at finding those hangnails you never knew you had. If you've found them via your hair then you know what I mean.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form