Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Any over 30's dreadies?

hippiegal
@hippiegal
12 years ago
182 posts

I'm 55 but very much feeling younger as I get older. Anyone else feel the same?

updated by @hippiegal: 07/18/15 04:35:14PM
Heather
@heather
12 years ago
1,291 posts
Okay so when does that start because that hasn't happened for me yet. Lol!

hippiegal said:

I'm 55 but very much feeling younger as I get older. Anyone Elsevier feel the same?

Heather
@heather
12 years ago
1,291 posts

Melanie said:

Heather, you don't look 42, infact you look at least10 yearsyounger than that! : ) xx

Heather said:

i'm turning 42 on sunday:)

taye
@taye
12 years ago
833 posts

i wouldn't color my hair for anything. I only have a few sparklies but i like them.

hippiegal
@hippiegal
12 years ago
182 posts

When I turned 50 I intentionally put aside those things I was never really interested in but hung onto because one 'should.' Since then I don't let myself be intimidated by 'shoulds' as I did when younger. I follow, as much as possible, what feels right for me. This has made me feel a lot lighter. If anyone were to say to me, 'You're too old for dreads,' I'd say, 'Not any more.' But that's my journey, yours might unfold differently. Happy birthday for Sunday! :)

Heather said:

hippiegal said:

I'm 55 but very much feeling younger as I get older. Anyone Elsevier feel the same?

Heather
@heather
12 years ago
1,291 posts

you probably can't see most of them anyway because they're tucked inside your gorgeous, thick dreadlocks:)

taye said:

i wouldn't color my hair for anything. I only have a few sparklies but i like them.

Heather
@heather
12 years ago
1,291 posts

i think i understand what your saying. i'm still going through a phase of worrying what people will say about this and that. i got married at 18 and got pregnant about 6 months later so i kind of feel like i've spent my whole life doing things for other people and making sure i fit the mommy mold that others expected of me. i wanted dreadlocks in my 20's but the "friends" in my life at the time wouldn't have supported me so i held off. i definitely didn't think i would wait until my 40's but oh well:)

hippiegal said:

When I turned 50 I intentionally put aside those things I was never really interested in but hung onto because one 'should.' Since then I don't let myself be intimidated by 'shoulds' as I did when younger. I follow, as much as possible, what feels right for me. This has made me feel a lot lighter. If anyone were to say to me, 'You're too old for dreads,' I'd say, 'Not any more.' But that's my journey, yours might unfold differently. Happy birthday for Sunday! :)

Heather said:

hippiegal said:

Heather
@heather
12 years ago
1,291 posts

oh and thanks for the birthday wish:)

hippiegal said:

Heather said:

hippiegal said:

hippiegal
@hippiegal
12 years ago
182 posts

I think it's a balance of not neglecting those you care for, while also looking to your own inner needs. Having dreadlocks, you could be showing your kids the importance of following those real needs (as opposed to momentary wants), the strength to be oneself, and tolerance to those who look 'different.' Just a thought.

Heather said:

i think i understand what your saying. i'm still going through a phase of worrying what people will say about this and that. i got married at 18 and got pregnant about 6 months later so i kind of feel like i've spent my whole life doing things for other people and making sure i fit the mommy mold that others expected of me. i wanted dreadlocks in my 20's but the "friends" in my life at the time wouldn't have supported me so i held off. i definitely didn't think i would wait until my 40's but oh well:)

hippiegal said:

Heather said:

hippiegal said:

Mama Amandier
@mama-amandier
12 years ago
8 posts

Hi, I'm 33 and I started this journey 12 weeks ago. My mum is thinking about starting dreads and she's 59 :-)

/ 6

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form