Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums
The~Wraith
@thewraith
12 years ago
7 posts

yup ur a hippie. its not a bad thing, some people hate hippies. some of those who hate hippies are not even sure why they hate them. not sure why they would care really, i mean i couldnt live as a vegan..i tried to be a vegetarian just to say i actually attempted it. hated it, not my thing. but if it works for u then great.

i eat meat, i go fishing, i enjoy getting in a ring going a few rounds, i like watching things go boom, and im a tech junky. i still get called a hippie simply because of my hair lol people are fukkin goofy man

updated by @thewraith: 07/23/15 06:36:41PM
Justin Cross
@justin-cross
12 years ago
6 posts

I can maybe give insight to the discussion title. What am I afraid of ?. To be afraid there must be a level of Fear. F.E.A.R is False Evidence Appearing Real, hence Fear is not real it is just an illusion, something of the Imag-ination !

Jen
@jen
12 years ago
37 posts

I am honestly proud to be a hippie. I dont use it to define myself. It just so happens that i fall into that catagory. It doesnt make me better or worse. I just am. It sounds to me like you are on an amazing path and heck as long as people arent giving you crap for it or using it in a mean way i would say embrace it.

Ixchel
@ixchel
12 years ago
597 posts

I was called a hippie by a girl who I thought was more of one than I, but I felt she was using it in a good way.

When a friend of ours from high school saw we cloth diapered & then I was discussing having a homebirth he said "oh so you're a hippie now eh?", well if those things I do make me a hippie than I'm proud to be labeled that way because I'm proud of the choices I've made for our family.

Since having children I've been cleaning up our life & going out with the chemicals &unnecessaryclutter. Trying to reuse, repurpose & conserve. I don't think there is anything wrong with trying to live a cleaner better life, if that's a hippie, i'm a hippie (& damn proud if so as well).

Love the acronym SE used too. I'm stealing it.

Angel Frye
@angel-frye
12 years ago
409 posts

Better a hippie than a yuppie. *wink* You've got the right idea, chick. Don't let others trying to label you get you down. Just be you and do what you feel is right.

Since you're into natural housecleaning and no chemicals, check out soapnuts! I just started using them for our laundry and it rocks. I even used it in my hair as shampoo a few times. And on the cats. The cats love it. It doesn't reek like 'soap', ya know? Just low key and natural. None of the 7th Generation stuff out there can even compare.

http://stores.ebay.com/Soap-Nuts-and-More-from-NaturOli

That's the seller I got my 1/2 pound from and we are LOVING going natural with our laundry soap. Great on cloth diapers, too. No detergent build up.

Bianca Poell
@bianca-poell
12 years ago
5 posts

Who you are is not defined by anyone elso so it really all boils down to how you feel. define yourself. if you dont feel cofortable being labeled then don force yourself into it. express how you feel and be able to know who you are on your own personal judgement.Making these changes in your life must have been for a reason so i think that you can decide who you want to be, whether be called a hippie or not judging from how you feel about it.

/ 3
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form