Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

How many dreads do you have... Do you have a favorite?

Electric Mama
@electric-mama
15 years ago
80 posts
last time i checked i had 40 dreadsmy fav one is named davey after my best friend. he is the shortest dread i have and he really popped out of no where haha.
updated by @electric-mama: 07/13/15 11:49:49AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
ok so pretty much everyone has said theyre favorites were the ones that were most unique the ziggy zaggy fatty funky ones with holes and splits and crazy tips..so.. when you 1st started were u lookimng forward to crazy dreads or were you hoping for perfect roundness smooth without lumps or bumps each dread exactky the same..i only ask cause i see alotta ppl thinking i want this type dreads ..then months later find the dreads they love most are the 1;s least like what they thought they wanted

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Heath
@heath
15 years ago
4 posts
Totally man. To be honest I wanted nice neat perfect sectioned locs. But now that I don't have them I am happier. When you let them grow to you only then do they really mean something, like the feeling of using something that you made from your own hands. soaringeagle said:
ok so pretty much everyone has said theyre favorites were the ones that were most unique the ziggy zaggy fatty funky ones with holes and splits and crazy tips..

so.. when you 1st started were u lookimng forward to crazy dreads or were you hoping for perfect roundness smooth without lumps or bumps each dread exactky the same..

i only ask cause i see alotta ppl thinking i want this type dreads ..then months later find the dreads they love most are the 1;s least like what they thought they wanted
jasmine jenae.
@jasmine-jenae
15 years ago
5 posts
i honestly cant remember how many i have on my head anymore. i couldnt imagine more than a hundred. but my favorite is ethel. she is the oldest & wisest of my dreads. she's been on my head 4 years...wow...yeah, so, we've been through alot together, lol.
Shanxon Lemasters
@shanxon-lemasters
14 years ago
411 posts

I'm just beginning my journey mainly so about 21ish are forming sections but hoping to hit at least 30-40, I do have one that is my favorite but I'm afraid it is going to be much larger than the rest cause it seems to be 2 congo'd but I'm letting it do it's thing because I do enjoy it very much :)

Dee Dee
@dee-dee
14 years ago
51 posts
At this point in my journey, (im only at about two nd a half months) I have btween thirty and fourty, I still have a massive amount of loose, undreaded hair, and my mane decided it wanted to be in one hlf to quarter inch sections so I will have lots more!! My favorite I on top of my head rright in the fron he waas the first one I really got, hes the tightest, loopiest, most twisted one I have, his name is doctor bob, and I show him off every day! Especially when m family asks what happned to me getting dreads and I hae to explain its gonna be a couple of months more!!
Aaron"TheLegend"
@aaronthelegend
14 years ago
283 posts

I have this dread in the front of my head that is a congo of two...it's kinda skinny but it's forked and both tips are starting to dread, it's even got a small loop the closer it gets to my scalp xDD But when I first wanted to dread I wanted mine to look like Johnny "Clean"

O....I never counted how many dreads I have....So I'll get back to you on that :P

Kris2
@kris2
14 years ago
43 posts

39 and my fav are my front 2 cuz they've looked perfect from day 1

Pathargic
@patrick2
14 years ago
61 posts
I have about 60 or 61 dreads. As for my favorite, well, I don't really have one. There is one, though, that I call Alfalfa, since it always sticks straight up after washing my hair.
Panterra Caraway
@panterra-caraway
14 years ago
667 posts

I have 32 at this point, but only 6 mos. in. My favorite is one at the back of my head, near my neck. It is the first real dread I felt...his name is chubbie...and I tell everyone that he speaks Spanish! Lol He is my favorite...everytime I reach for him it is a reassurance that I am indeed dreaded. Right above Chubbie there is a big, tangled, loopy, freaked out dread that I kinda think may be Chubbies life partner!!! LOL

/ 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form